Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Legit dept at Buchwald????? Login/Join

Nicholas Cage
posted
Just heard that Victoria and Katie left, does anyone have any information?

Posts: 112 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
Let me preface this by saying I don't know what is happening...BUT....

A few years ago in LA the Abrams Youth Theatrical/Legit agents took most of their roster and moved to Paradigm. The same thing just happened in Ny.

When that happened in LA, Abrams brought the Youth agents from Buchwald over to take over. They brought most of their roster and now Buchwald LA has no more youth department.

Wouldn't suprise me at all if history repeated itself. But I have NO knowledge that that is happening!

Posts: 588 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: December 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
That's what I was thinking may be happening. Guess we wait and see. If anyone hears anything further, please post. Btw,what happened in regards to the commercial/vo side in LA? Did it just dissolve or move as well. I did not hear anything about Pam leaving.

Posts: 112 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
Just emailed manager - DD is with Victoria and Buchwald and just did in agency audition on tape on Tuesday - hoping it went out. Hoping she goes with them….really like them. This business will drive me crazy.

Posts: 217 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
In LA Pamela is at Abrams now. Commercial kids moved over to Abrams as well along with their agent who was let go shortly after. Sadly that left all the original Abrams kids and all the Buchwald kids under ONE commercial agent at Abrams. IMHO it's a bit crowded over there commercially.

I don't know if LA Buchwald had a lot of youth VO clients, but the Abrams department didn't change.

Posts: 588 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: December 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Yep, they've headed to Abrams New York.

Posts: 18 | Location: New York | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
Yes, its true, Victoria and Katie will be heading the Legit dept at Abrams. Pam will be running both legit and commercial until they bring in a new agent, which I understand will be soon. Buchwald youth division will NOT close.

Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 173 | Location: New York | Registered: August 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Than who is Bonnie & what does she do?

Posts: 25 | Location: NY | Registered: August 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
Bonnie is a youth agent at Abrams. I believe she runs the commercials, voiceover, and print. Different from the legit dept (tv/film/theater). All of the recent changes at agencies seem to only affect legit departments.

-----------
You dont have to win them all, you just need a winning attitude!
www.taylordior.com
www.imdb.me/taylordior

Posts: 111 | Location: EastCoast | Registered: April 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post