New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kirby Bucket Disney pilot Login/Join

Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
First calls for Dawn in LA this week

Posts: 503 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: December 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
Dawn is cast, per IMDB. Maria Lark from "Medium." Guess this is another example of submissions/tapings/callbacks/first calls and negotiations all going on at the same time!

Posts: 164 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
Nope. Maria Lark played Dawn in the original pilot they filmed early this year or late last year. They are completely recasting and reshooting.

Posts: 503 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: December 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
Oh, good! Glad there is hope for you all! Good luck everyone!

Posts: 164 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
Dd did first call for Dawn couple weeks ago. Any updates are appreciated.

Posts: 26 | Location: Los Angeles/ Orange County | Registered: December 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Drama Diva:
They are definitely NOT recasting Kirby Buckets is actually a "new pilot" centered around Jake Short who is presently on Ant Farm. Another classic example of looking out for their kids, when one show is about to end create another for their actors.

Jake played Kirby on the original pilot, which will be played by Jacob Bertrand in the new one. Jake has a new show, Mighty Med, since AF is over.

Posts: 69 | Location: LA | Registered: March 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
Recasting and refilming. They filmed a pilot for Kirby with Jake Short, Adain Potter and Maria Lark late last year/early this year. They gave now rewritten and are giving it a second pass. Jacob is also the lead in Neckpee Island so clearly only one can go to series.

http://m.deadline.com/2013/08/...ring-jacob-bertrand/

Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
mom2enr have u heard anything about neckpee? i know vids are due at midnight

Posts: 67 | Location: city of angels | Registered: May 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
Supposed to film early Oct so can't take too long. They have had at least 2-3 producers sessions in LA.

posted Hide Post
Stupid question, since we submitted early in Sep for both Neckpee and Kirby, and haven't heard any thing we should assume they didn't see her as a fit? I assume we would have heard something, they keep extending submissions, I can only assume that is because they haven't found what they are looking for. Correct? We are newbies to this.

Posts: 1 | Location: Colorado | Registered: September 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
Your assessment is probably right, but you never know. They have been known to come back around. We once knew a kid who went to producer for a pilot like 6 or 7 times. Each time they didn't think he was right so they brought in a bunch of new kids, then took him to producers again with the new batch. Well he outlasted them all and booked it.

Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
Just have to say my dd was in a usc short film starring Bertrand 3 years ago. He was still pretty new to acting according to his father...it's amazing how much he's done in the last 3 years. Good luck to him and all!

Posts: 26 | Location: Los Angeles/ Orange County | Registered: December 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
I think "new" is relative. One of my kids worked on a project with one of the Bertrand kids almost 7 years ago. I just think that it's important to recognize how long an "overnight success" takes sometimes =)

Another great example is Hailee Stienfeld. She had been working hard with small successes here and there for about the same number of years when she booked True Grit and look at her now!

posted Hide Post
Our son went out for Kirby Buckets last Year. He was just called back after all those months to read for 2 characters.

Posts: 3 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
They actually cast and filmed from last year's auditions. Pilot was shot with Jake Short as Kirby. Then a new round started this summer to recast and refilm with a new script and new casting directors.