Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Neckpee Island Login/Join

Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Are they still accepting self-tapes? I thought the deadline was Wednesday of last week.

Posts: 27 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Has it been cast?

Posts: 25 | Location: Missouri | Registered: October 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
I was just wondering if cast yet. Sometimes, if something gets cast, we can find the actors youtube audition, which we can then use to see what was wanted and what we could work on.

Posts: 25 | Location: Missouri | Registered: October 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
I'd say it's cast, since actors already tested for it a while ago.

Posts: 71 | Location: LA | Registered: March 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
Just checked on casting about, and it it's wrapped, the pilot was already shot.

Posts: 71 | Location: LA | Registered: March 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
Yeah it's cast and shot.

I would caution you against comparing your audition to on of another actor's to see "what was wanted and what we could work on." They cast an actor not a performance. It could be that they liked something about the actor and gave them redirects to get the performance out of the actor. What you see in the YouTube audition could be VERY different from what they wound up with.

Usually when casting kids, ESPECIALLY on the kids' networks, they are looking for look/personality/type/vibe/etc as much as, if not MORE than the acting performance that person gives. They want a kid to BE the character...to embody whatever it is the director/producer/network wants from the role. Your actor not going further almost always has more to do with THAT than with their performance or skill displayed in the audition.

If you are generally getting good feedback from auditions or teachers or coaches then let it go and move on. When the role that is right for your child comes along, they will book it!

Posts: 590 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: December 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post