Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Les Mis Call backs Login/Join

Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
NYCGAL when our agent called they said that 4 girls were chosen and being " presented" I thought they said to producers but could be mistaken . It was difficult to really focus being that my dd was starring at me with hopeful eyes and we were about to walk into another audition . I could be 100% wrong on who they were being presented to. You probably know way more about the chain of events than I do . My dd said there were 6-7 adults in the room so again you are probably correct on who was there . My agent may have meant that they "the girls" were being "presented" a contract . I have no idea. I do know they said 4 girls .

I will be honest , When we are called by our agent after an audition I do not ask a lot of questions about the specifics of which kids did make the cut. I am just grateful that our agent always calls before I hear from someone or some where else. Also our agent always gets great feedback from the cd's which is what I am really interested in. I figure if my dd did not get the part I will find out sooner or later who did .

Posts: 138 | Location: New York | Registered: June 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
From my DD's recollection people in the room were 2 people from casting, resident dir, musical dir and piano player. Smiler

Posts: 39 | Location: New York | Registered: August 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
llacey, nice that you get that much feedback from your agent/ manager. if we don't hear anything we know we didn't get it. congrats to your DD for making it this far so many times! hoping they release the names of the kids that were cast for this soon so we can just stop wondering!

Posts: 45 | Location: nj | Registered: May 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Hi Hopeful Mom, we only get info like that with the Legit agent. We never get info from commercial , VO or print we just sit and wait Confused

Posts: 138 | Location: New York | Registered: June 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Saw this today and man is this soooo perfect especially for this thread:

In your experience, do you believe that talent is more important - or being at the right place at the right time?

"It's a mix of both. Casting is about timing, it really is. It should be about talent, but it often is about timing, especially for kids - are they the right height, the right weight, are they ready to go now, are they too short or too tall, are they trained properly and ready to do eight shows a week? They can be too tall, which is often frustrating, especially in a show like MARY POPPINS when someone is finally ready, but they're already going to be too tall. With boys, you could always see by the size of their shoes and with girls, you could tell if their legs were starting to get really long." --Jen Rudin

Posts: 39 | Location: New York | Registered: August 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
You know it's not only with kids but even adult actors. They want a specific actor for a movie but when they aren't available they go to someone else. Can't always wait. It opens up many doors for some and closes them on others. I should say in all types of entertainment and in other industries as well. And so it goes. I think the big feet and long legs was interesting since they must use it as a guide line but many times it's entirely inaccurate. I know I'm tiny but I have long legs and a tiny torso. Your kids most likely follow you or your dh. Interesting how they look at that though. I never knew. I can't get into the heads of casting.

Posts: 505 | Location: New York | Registered: June 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Beanie, hear ye', hear ye'.

What I think is critical to remember, and to reinforce with children, is that this works both for being passed over AND for being CB'ed or landing roles. Too often parents of kids assume their child got a role because they were the most talented of those around them. They pass this fallacy to their child, whether directly or indirectly, which is never healthy for a child. Yes, a child (or children) who get CB'ed or the role(s) are in some top percentile of the talent pool that showed up at the audition, but so much of the end decision is based on physique, coloring, or the CD's/creatives' whims. The moment parents think of their children's roles as the result of having won some sort of competition is the moment they start down the path of creating kids who cannot handle either the success or the loss.

Posts: 50 | Location: United States | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
SKYBAR- well said,I could not agree more. Smiler

Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
Perfectly stated skybar! We haven't been at this all that long but one thing I have learned is that ALL the kids who are being submitted by agents to audition are incredibly talented. Don't try to figure out why or why not your DD gets the audition, the CB or the role. Just celebrate the journey and have fun.

Posts: 214 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if there were offers made?

Posts: 26 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
TV ads have begun for preview tickets. I have no idea who got offers but I assume they are in discussions by now but who knows and I cannot verify that. GL guys and gals! Shouldn't take that long to get the kids up to speed. It's still many months away. Production could even wait till after the holidays in reality but that would be awful for those waiting. How stressful a holiday would that be?

I just turned Dance moms on for the first time. This is exactly the parents they DON"T want on their team. Just a tip. These ladies are nutso.

Posts: 505 | Location: New York | Registered: June 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Thank you NYCGAL. We will wait to see the announcement soon I presume.

Dance Moms is...interesting.

Posts: 26 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello all, new to the message board! Any word on the boy role? My son attended a callback on 12/3 and never heard back again.

Posts: 2 | Location: new york | Registered: December 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Hi Hopefuldad, Welcome. No news here either. Am thinking no news means no go but haven't heard anything from anyone. Would imagine offers have gone out but could be wrong.

Posts: 45 | Location: nj | Registered: May 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I guess one could never tell. We'll know either way soon enough. Happy Holidays to all!

Posts: 2 | Location: new york | Registered: December 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post