Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Les Mis Call backs Login/Join

Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
It wasn't impossible for a non ethnic girl to get a cb. I know quite a few who got called back. That's bs. Of course height is involved and what the cds have as a vision in the roles. It certainly does not mean your child is particularly better than the one standing next to her that looks different. As IWW said - be happy you got called back! it's always a complement. Make the most of it and never let it go to your head and never let it upset your child if she doesn't get the role. Unfortunately only one gets it. I always tell my kid when she gets a role it's a triumph but it doesn't mean she's any better than anyone else. Another time, another place, a minute later and it wouldn't be her. So enjoy the moment. All I need is a kid with a big head. It's worse than some moms with big heads - and those are bigger.

Posts: 510 | Location: New York | Registered: June 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
lovingdad, I didn't ask anyone, but I find most people are pretty open to talking and sharing especially when they are new and not jaded and when you don't come at them with 100 questions. I think most people are truthful, but maybe I give people more credit than I should. I just know that I spoke with a handful of people who told me their child had no Broadway/professional theater credits. Could they be lying? Sure, but I didn't get that impression.

Booking anything is like winning the lottery.
My original post was just to clarify that there were not all professional kids at the callback, it was certainly not to claim one child is better than another.

Posts: 14 | Location: USA | Registered: May 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
What heights were mostly at the callback for girls? Short end of the range or lower end?

What ages? Open call was for 7-11 and I wonder if they called back mostly younger or closer to older end of the age range.

Posts: 31 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There were girls of all heights there. There were girls at the top end and girls below. I also saw kids 7-11. There were not more of any age that I could tell. It was a solid mix on both age and height (as well as hair color).

Posts: 14 | Location: USA | Registered: May 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Interested to see how this all plays out then. GL to anyone in the running!

Posts: 31 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Did anyone hear anything since last week's callback?

Posts: 26 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Nothing here. I would imagine they have made decisions and notified those cast. I'm waiting to read about it in B'way world, assuming we're out this time.

Posts: 46 | Location: nj | Registered: May 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Told that kids would know by Friday.

Posts: 39 | Location: New York | Registered: August 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the updates. Good Luck to all of the kids!

Posts: 26 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi. I'm new to this board and to all of this. My daughter was at the callbacks. She was one of those girls with no previous professional experience and no agent. So, I kinda assumed that my daughter didn't get the part since we hadn't heard anything. But if you're saying that the girls would know by Fri does that mean that they haven't contacted the ones that got it yet? Do they usually contact you if you didn't get the part when you get as far as the callbacks? I just assumed that we wouldn't hear anything from them if it was a "no." Just wondering. Like I said, this is all new to us.

Posts: 3 | Location: California | Registered: December 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Robert DeNiro
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the board!

Your assumption is correct: they do not contact you if you didn't get the part. When they say the girls would know by Friday, they mean that the ones that are cast will hear from them by Friday.

Posts: 473 | Location: New York | Registered: December 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Posts: 3 | Location: California | Registered: December 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Dancemama I think many find out if the role is booked from their agents and or managers that's how they know even if they haven't been contacted directly from the cd or production. That's how most find out if they didn't booked or if the booked as well.

I'm not sure how many they are hiring. I heard two different things. One that they will have an understudy or an alternate for both of the kids roles. In other words each child would do 4 out of 8 shows per week and fill in if the other gets sick. The other which I have heard from more people is that they will pick a swing role and she will fill on for either part or that all 3 girls will need to learn both parts since they aren't big and they can switch off or they can substitute when any of them get sick. Kids do get sick and the last thing they want is anyone in the cast to come in sick to the theatre and perhaps infect the rest of the cast. Close quarters backstage!

We haven't heard from a lot of you guys who went for callbacks. Please tell us how it went. Lacey what did you think? Was this your first bway callback?

GLTA

Posts: 42 | Location: NY | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Hi loving Dad
This is dd's 4th show she has auditioned for . She has been lucky enough to make it to final call backs for two - this one and Annie (Molly replacement) . Called back for little miss sunshine and has been put on that what seems to be very long list of Matilda's that will be called back in a few months.

I was called last Wednesday by dd's agent they said there were 4 girls being presented to producers for les mis mine was not in that 4 . I do not know if the 4 were offered the role or not . I have not received any more updates . However dd's agent said that casting would give specific feedback on dd's audition once all decisions were made.

My dd is still very young so our expectations are low . However the experience is priceless and she loves going on them so to us it is all a win !

Posts: 138 | Location: New York | Registered: June 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
Lacey your experiences have been great and it's great that you are getting feedback. What I'm confused about - even though we aren't involved in this I am following the thread - is how only 4 girls are being presented for 2 roles and at least one swing. Also wasn't the cb with producers since it was a final cb? Do you know if they called back the 4 children to meet with producers before they were offered a contract? That seems odd. Usually the producers and the director are present at the final cb.

Posts: 510 | Location: New York | Registered: June 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post