Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Les Mis Call backs Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Yes, good luck to those that have already received call backs! Are all the callbacks so far from agent appointments? Have you heard of anyone from the open call getting one? We won't give up hope yet Smiler Happy Thanksgiving!!

Posts: 15 | Location: United States | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
FredandVelma I know that all the CBs are not out yet due to the Holiday so they could go on through early next week! Hope you get a call! and Gobble Gobble Smiler

Posts: 141 | Location: New York | Registered: June 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
llacey, thanks for the heads up! GL to your D!

Posts: 15 | Location: United States | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Denzel Washington
posted Hide Post
Were are the girls measured?

Posts: 182 | Location: NJ | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
I haven't heard of any CB's from the open call so maybe those aren't out yet. Fingers crossed!!!!!!!

Posts: 88 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes the girls were measured at the audition and the callback info packet asks that the height be on their resume and be accurate. We found out about callback today too but I think we are with the same agency that other people today have posted from--just from reading their other posts.

Posts: 16 | Location: USA | Registered: May 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
Any call backs known from open casting.. curious?
Tks

Posts: 34 | Location: connecticut | Registered: May 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
I haven't heRd of anyone receiving cb's from the open call. I wonder if they are calling people back from them.

Posts: 88 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just wondering how the call backs went for those who got them? It was such nasty weather yesterday I thought about it. Did anyone from the open auditions get a call back that you know of? Just curious.

Posts: 4 | Location: Long Island | Registered: November 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
we are not involved in this. dc's too old. I adore the show so have followed.

my friend's dd went yesterday. he said that from what he heard, every child in the room either had professional, large scale theater experience or was of a different ethnicity. i am not surprised. the cd's were open they would favor those criteria.

what was interesting to note, per him, he thinks each and every child whom auditioned with experience under the height limit was welcomed back. there may be some pros whom auditioned without a callback, but he is fairly connected and knew of none. obviously those are talented kids, but there are so many other equally or more talented who did not get the nod. they are also some lucky kids, to have hit the requirement jackpot two times. they were the right size and coloring for their original roles, then were professionally experienced for this one!

if your child does not have experience, it was almost an impossible callback to get unless your child is of a different ethnicity. even agent appointments were not given freely to those who have no professional theater experience, so rejoice about being seen. it is always great to get in front of cd's, so mark it up to that.

good luck to those progressing on! i wish my dc was young enough!

Posts: 4 | Location: USA | Registered: November 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to disagree with previous post. We were there and there were several kids who had ZERO Broadway experience there. In fact there were girls there who had sent in video submissions from out of state and did not attend the 1st audition and who were at the callback. I know of at least 4 who had no real theater experience at all who were there.

It was a tough one to get a callback for, but you did not HAVE to have professional theater experience from what I could tell.

Posts: 16 | Location: USA | Registered: May 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i apologize if i offended you. i did not mean to do so. i was just reassuring those who were at the open call or seen through appointments and not called back. i know a few who are beyond talented who were not called back.

although i am not certain why saying it was "almost impossible" to get a callback for non-ethnic girls without pro experience would upset you. if you are in that minority, celebrate your success! i never understand why proving your child was in a more exclusive group is a source of pride. the pride should be simply in the next step, rather than in the exclusivity.

given the numbers my friend gave me and his opinion, it seemed almost a certainty that a child was called back if she had done professional theater. those without it had extraordinarily slim odds unless they were ethnically diverse. that was all i was trying to say. i am not using definites, but modifying with "almost" and "slim odds" intentionally. there are always exceptions to the rules.

obviously all called back have talent. i am not refuting that. good luck to those who move onwards. beautiful show. the woman playing cosette is supposedly amazing!

Posts: 4 | Location: USA | Registered: November 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
We were there yesterday for the boy call and I would say iwonderwoman is right, most of the boys there are on B'way currently or just came off the Les Mis tour recently. I can't say it was all the boys but it did seem to be mostly, and they all were adorable and sounded amazing. Whoever gets the roles is worthy for sure.

Posts: 71 | Location: nj | Registered: May 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wasn't offended I just wanted to make sure factual info was put out there. Smiler I think any kids who were asked back fit a number of "criteria" and yes that could include previous professional experience but not necessarily.

Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Sweet pea how do you know how much experience each and every callback had? Did you ask all the parents? I wouldn't count on them all telling the truth nor is it really anybody's business kind of. It appears like it was quite a large callback. Was it for all the children's roles?

I have to add that you don't know. Since the roles are not huge they may pick a total newcomer. Almost hope so, give someone else a chance. I'm sure if they were talented enough to get cb they can do either of the girl roles. I don't know much about the boy roles.

Anyway, good luck to all of you and on to the next if that's your kid's dream.

Posts: 9 | Location: NY | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post