Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Christmas Story Login/Join

Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
I just noticed a new casting call for A Christmas Story. Why would they do another open call? If you went to the first one is it worth it to go again? Thanks.

Posts: 50 | Location: nj | Registered: May 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
I am so confused by these open calls. Are they for the tour, the Bway show, or both? Thanks.

Posts: 64 | Location: NY Area | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
So it looks like there's an EPA (for boys) on the 20th, an ECC Singers on the 22nd, and an ECC Dancers on the 23rd, and it looks like it's for a National Tour to start out in Hartford CT and Boston MA. Hmmm.. I wonder when they plan on holding the appointments.

Posts: 29 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: February 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
My DD was called back from the open call 5/5. Called back to dance. GLTA!!

Posts: 35 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by caryct:
My DD was called back from the open call 5/5. Called back to dance. GLTA!!

Congratulations! Do you know when you're coming back? Good luck!

Posts: 29 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: February 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
My DS has an appointment to sing on Thursday w/possible dance on Friday. He was submitted w/video of singing earlier.

Posts: 64 | Location: Northeast | Registered: March 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CaryCt Congrats! When do u go in for dance?

Posts: 5 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: November 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Anyone have a DC 8 (or younger) that made it past first round? At first the call said 8+ now they are looking for 9+. Just curious.

Posts: 39 | Location: New York | Registered: August 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Congrats to all who have heard about CB's! Were you notified by your agents or email? Also, are any of your DC's younger then 9 yrs old?

Posts: 106 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My two girls(both 9+) have dance callbacks tomorrow from the Open Call. Very excited, though not sure what to expect. Good luck to all!

Posts: 6 | Location: New York,NY | Registered: January 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
For those of you who went to agent appointments for singing this week, were the callbacks instantaneous for the dance callback today? Thanks!

Posts: 64 | Location: NY Area | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
We heard back the same day.

Posts: 78 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
I have a quick question, is there anyone's DC in this forum going to that ECC for singers or dancers next week? If so, are they union or non-union? I noticed that it will be mixed adult/children and am just apprehensive that it might be a little chaotic for kids specially if they're non-union since they usually see union first and only see non-union if they have time. Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks!

Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
I am planning to bring my DD next Thursday afternoon at 2:00. She did the singer call last year at this time that was mixed, and when it got close to the end, they took headshots and resumes and typed all the non-equity actors in the holding room. They held about a dozen out of 50 or 60 and told the rest they could leave and were welcome to come back to the dancer call (don't remember when it was but it was after the singer call.) My DD was one of the ones they asked to stay, it was a mixture of kids and adults. She's never been to a mixed dance call though - I wonder if they will separate them or teach them the same choreography?

Posts: 67 | Location: US | Registered: May 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anybody heard anything from Friday, May 17th Call-back? If they were not asked to tap after the group jazz dance, does that mean they are done?

Posts: 4 | Location: NJ | Registered: May 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post