Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Christmas Story Login/Join

Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Did they tell them at the open call if they wanted them to come to the dance round or did they call afterwards.

Posts: 106 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
TMR, you're right the 5/5 notice you linked does say dancers who sing, however, their website says "For the audition please prepare a brief song that is rhythmic, classic Broadway, and shows off your voice and personality", so it's a little confusing. I guess I'm just saying, my DD got an appointment last year (same day as dancers who sing ECC) and they just made her sing then made her come back for a dance call back that monday.

Posts: 29 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: February 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
There is also another posting for 11:30am sign ups and a call that runs from 12-5 that specifies singing. If you google it, it should come up.

Posts: 106 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
The dance EPA is first, then they are having an open call where they just want the kids to sing. They did the same thing last year

Posts: 33 | Location: new york | Registered: March 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Magoo, If they like the kids who sing do they then have another dance call for them to come to?

Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Ok I am confused. LOL Our information is for EPA, seeking boys and girls who sing, dance and act, prepare a brief song, etc. Registration at 11:30, auditions 12:00-5:00.
The ECC sounds like it's for the tour? - it says "Runs in Hartford, Boston, and TBD"

I'm just going to keep her working on her song and practicing her tap, and crossing fingers!

Posts: 29 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
There are two calls on the same day. First union boys and the union girls are going earlier in the morning. They are asked to dance and the belt a song. Then it is an open call to sing (showing personality, classic...). No dance for that group on Sunday. So if you dc's are not union...sign in at 11:30 and it runs noon-5.

Posts: 35 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
For those that went to the singers open call last year, if they liked you are you asked to stay and dance that day or is the first day only singing no matter what and then the dance callback?

posted Hide Post
Thank you CaryCT. I was so confused about the different times.

Posts: 7 | Location: Bucks County PA | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder what time the open call finished yesterday. We were in the upper 200s and left around 4 pm. GLTA!

Posts: 7 | Location: Bucks County PA | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
We also left around 4 and there were about 100 kids after us. Long day for just 1-2 minutes of being seen, but I guess that's how it is!

Posts: 50 | Location: nj | Registered: May 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
Picture of JanL
posted Hide Post
My GD is too young for this but just wanted to wish every one luck on this.

Posts: 157 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Anyone know when the callbacks should be going out for this from the open call on Sunday? I assume the next call will be a dance call?

Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
So curious too. My dd had a great time and felt like they liked her. However, I heard another girl after she came out, saying they asked if she could do a timestep, and they didn't ask that of my dd, so who knows...
It was my dd's first broadway audition, so great experience. And now she feels comfortable and looking forward to doing more! GLTA

Posts: 29 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
This was my DS first professional audition. What is the typical amount of time before they announce call backs? Not expecting one but just curious.

Posts: 50 | Location: nj | Registered: May 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post