home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Show Business  Hop To Forums  New Actors Only    actors housing ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

actors housing ? Login/Join

Morgan Freeman
posted
i heard that most actors usually sublease they go halves on a place and.When one leaves for a while for work the others sublease that room out does anyone know of places online.Where i could look for these actors houses?

Posts: 126 | Location: Boston | Registered: March 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Robert DeNiro
Picture of amo37
posted Hide Post
I have found all of my apartments in NYC and LA on craigslist. Sublets and shares both.

Posts: 504 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: January 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
There are two groups on Facebook that are specifically for actors who are either subletting a room while they do a gig out of town or a tour and those coming back from gigs and tours looking for rooms.

Search for "NYC Actor Sublet" and "Gypsy Housing"

Posts: 345 | Location: New York | Registered: June 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Al Pacino
Picture of skeeterkitty2004
posted Hide Post
You should also make sure that you are allowed to do it (in your lease)because the you could get thrown out because the person who is subleting didn't sign a lease and also they could get in trouble for trespassing on apparment propety because they're not a legal tennant.

Posts: 283 | Location: seattle | Registered: August 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
Picture of SPYDOG
posted Hide Post
Do actors ever share a bedroom to keep it affordable?

Posts: 70 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: August 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SPYDOG:
Do actors ever share a bedroom to keep it affordable?

I have a friend who shared a bed and a bedroom with a close actor friend (non-dating relationship) to keep their rent under $400 each.

That's an extreme, for sure, but it worked for them.

Posts: 345 | Location: New York | Registered: June 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
Some cities have laws limiting the number of unrelated people who can be in one apartment. I don't know about NY and LA.

Posts: 80 | Location: Chicago | Registered: October 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi All

I don`t want to open a new topic for that.
I`ve found a very nice 800/2 feet apartment on the upper west side in manhattan, big kitchen, bathroom etc. no broker fee. But the rent is only 1000 a month.. I am a bit sceptical about that. Why do you think it is so cheap? Can that really be true?

Posts: 7 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Abbas:
Hi All

I don`t want to open a new topic for that.
I`ve found a very nice 800/2 feet apartment on the upper west side in manhattan, big kitchen, bathroom etc. no broker fee. But the rent is only 1000 a month.. I am a bit sceptical about that. Why do you think it is so cheap? Can that really be true?

While I'm not too familiar with rent prices in that area as I'm on the west coast, I've seen plenty of scams while looking for places. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. People will sometimes put up a fake ad with another person's phone number, or they'll try to get you to send them money for a place they don't actually have the right to rent. So be careful whenever you see a place that looks amazing and is priced well below market value. Also, if you email about a place, you can usually tell if it's a scam by the response you get. People that are legit almost always get to the point and send you the pertinent information regarding the apartment, whereas scam artists usually send lengthy emails with stories about why they need to rent this place out quickly to a good person, etc. When in doubt, you can always post the email on an advice forum to get some more opinions on if it's legit.

Posts: 14 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: February 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okey, many thanks for your help! I will keep that in mind, thanks for the advide.

Posts: 7 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post