home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Show Business  Hop To Forums  New Actors Only    Best Beginner Acting Classes?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Beginner Acting Classes? Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Is Warner Loughlin Studios well known for their technique (drama or comedy) classes or the scene study classes?

Posts: 1 | Location: Singapore | Registered: March 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can anyone recommend classes that work in more than two person scenes? Most of the on-camera classes I've been in are either in an audition format or in a two person scene format which have been super helpful. It doesn't necessarily have to be on-camera, though I'd prefer it. I was doing a lot of theater before I took on camera classes and started doing short films and student films (which also normally don't have that many characters), I got all my stillness for the camera, dropped bad habits and all the other basic things you learn in on camera classes...I'm also currently in improv classes and do perform with lots of other people. I'm having a little bit of trouble incorporating everything when I'm handed a script with scenes with more characters in it. I didn't realize this was a problem until recently because it hadn't really come up yet,and when it did I was really thrown. I'm currently looking into auditing Brad Greenquist's class because it looks like you work on different types of camera situations,walking and talking, etc. Any imput or other recommendations guys?

Posts: 6 | Location: SoCal | Registered: August 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Marlon Brando
Picture of TRUTHTELLER59
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LASoCal:
Can anyone recommend classes that work in more than two person scenes? Most of the on-camera classes I've been in are either in an audition format or in a two person scene format which have been super helpful. It doesn't necessarily have to be on-camera, though I'd prefer it.

The way most of the on camera classes are designed, I would think it'd be hard to do more than two people.

But if you're in a good non camera class, I'm sure you can bring in a scene that has at least two other people.

Posts: 2134 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post