home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Show Business  Hop To Forums  New Actors Only    Is searching for an Agent futile for newbies with no experience?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is searching for an Agent futile for newbies with no experience? Login/Join

posted
Hi everyone. I am helping my 8 year old niece try to launch her acting/modeling career. As she is just starting out, she currently has no experience, just got her enrolled in acting class. I have located online long lists of directories for Talent Agencies. My question is, since she has no experience, is it worth it to send them her pictures? Even if their websites welcome submissions. Or would it be better to try to look at finding a experienced manager first? Thanks for your input.
CCC

Posts: 6 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: July 31, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Because she's a young kid I would say she has a good chance, but of course the more experience the better. If she's like one of those kids with no fear and very out going then she may be ok. What's the rush? Spend a few months getting her in plays. It's so easy to get kids in plays and build her experience and comfort acting.

Don't go for the manager. No one needs them at this stage. It's likely you'll get used than you benefiting from their connections.

What class is she in?

Posts: 50 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Pom Blossom.
I assume you mean her acting class? She's taking an acting techniques course. Pretty basic beginners course for children her age.

Posts: 6 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: July 31, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Just checking it wasn't like one of the ones that get advertised on the radio. You problably did your homework.

Posts: 50 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The acting class we signed up for is pretty legit. They don't push to try to sell you anything and their rates are fair.