home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Moderated Forums  Hop To Forums  The Working Actor    Cheapest Places to do CD Workshops
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cheapest Places to do CD Workshops Login/Join

posted
I recently got an email from Actors Creative Workshop in Burbank. They say if you can find the same CD Workshop cheaper then they will beat it by a $1. So it inspired me to start this topic.

So where have you guys found places where you can see the same CD the cheapest?

I'll start:

Scott David
Usually always asks for prepared scenes
-$50 at The Actors Company
-$40 (yearly membership of $10) at The Acting Bridge

Jennifer Lare-Cami Patton
-$35 at JBCN

Kendra Shay Clark-Schiff/Audino
-$35 at JBCN

Erica Silverman-April Webster
-$35 at JBCN

Erica Berger-Bronson/Barnes
-$38 at Dominion (prepared scene)
-$35 at Industry LA (cold read)

Lindsay Jaymeyson-Jennifer Cooper Casting
-$35 at Industry LA (Prepared scene)
-$35 at JBCN

Marlize Gunzenhauser-Dorian Frankel
-$30 (with $10 annual membership) at Acting Bridge (Cold read)
-$38 at Dominion (prepared scene)

Allen Hooper-Jeff Greenberg
He only does prepared scenes
-$38 at Dominion

Danielle Eskinazi
Asks for prepared commercial copy
-$38 at Dominion

Posts: 1372 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And if you know places that beat the already stated prices, HOLLA!

Posts: 1372 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
I thought Scott David had everyone improv their type? Please tell me he does do prepared scenes.

Posts: 91 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: November 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AlexJ:
I thought Scott David had everyone improv their type? Please tell me he does do prepared scenes.

Depends on the cd workshop place. Sometimes he'll have you come in with a prepared scene or have you improv.

Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
How do you find out which one he wants, it'd be in the description?

Posts: 91 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: November 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
How do you find out which one he wants, it'd be in the description?

Yep.

Acting Bridge and Dominion say bring prepared sides.

When I met him at The Actors Company, it was improvised scenes.

Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
quote:

Everytime I've done a workshop with Scott he's had us bring in prepared material. Scott is GREAT about calling people in though. If he likes you and can use you for something, you'll get a call from his office.

Oh and let me give a shout out to ITA (In The Act) Productions in Culver City. Most of their workshops are in the low $30's range and they offer deals here in there. This month I got two for $50 if I signed up on the 1st of the month (or something like that, can't remember specifics). They have agent nights where you'll get up in front of 4 or 5 quality agents and it's like $55. They usually have really experienced, talented, mature actors there.

Posts: 1 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hilary Swank
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen anyone say anything yet about the Actors Company workshops yet. I haven't attended any yet, but I have a friend who is in an internship with them and she signed me up for their emails.

They seem pretty solidly priced so far, but I haven't actually attended one yet. Has anyone done one with them yet?

“Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.” - Bruce Lee

Posts: 41 | Location: Burbank, CA | Registered: January 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Anyone know anything about one on one productions?

http://oneononeproductions.com/home/default.aspx

Are they reasonably priced and do they get quality CDs? You have to be a member to view the calendar and workshop prices. Also, do they get commercial CDs to come in?

Posts: 1 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: October 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
These prices are amazing. Does anyone know of anything comparable in NYC? I don't know how to get in front of a CD for less than $100 or so.

Posts: 138 | Location: New York City | Registered: November 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoobings:
I haven't seen anyone say anything yet about the Actors Company workshops yet. I haven't attended any yet, but I have a friend who is in an internship with them and she signed me up for their emails.

They seem pretty solidly priced so far, but I haven't actually attended one yet. Has anyone done one with them yet?

ummm...yeah I did.

Yes, Actors Company is one of the better priced CD Workshop places. They're one of the cheaper places to see Scott David (as mentioned above) and their workshops range in the high 30s-low 40s.

Al Pacino
posted Hide Post
Thanks Truth. As usual good practical info.

Posts: 36 | Location: los angeles | Registered: December 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Truth, would you say that it's worth getting membership at the Network Studio? Or just going to the Actor's Company for CD workshops?

Posts: 1 | Location: LA | Registered: April 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SoulSinger:
Truth, would you say that it's worth getting membership at the Network Studio? Or just going to the Actor's Company for CD workshops?

The Network Studio membership is a SCAM! They have the best pricing for agent showcases ($19) but they're GREEDY AS F@#K!

Actors Company is usually $39 to see an associate. It's $40 something if you pay the $200 membership at Network Studio or $55-65 without. So it should be obvious

Hilary Swank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRUTHTELLER59:
quote:
Originally posted by Scoobings:

ummm...yeah I did.

Yes, Actors Company is one of the better priced CD Workshop places. They're one of the cheaper places to see Scott David (as mentioned above) and their workshops range in the high 30s-low 40s.

Whoooooooooops. Yeah I see that now.

“Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.” - Bruce Lee

Posts: 41 | Location: Burbank, CA | Registered: January 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post