home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Moderated Forums  Hop To Forums  The Working Actor    Fraud Notice: Untapped Beauty, Jordanna Hazen, FRAUD
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fraud Notice: Untapped Beauty, Jordanna Hazen, FRAUD Login/Join

Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
quote:
Chester, I believe that this is simply saying that Angie's list can't be sued, but in the situation that eman posted they could still sue the poster.

I agree, should have been clearer. That's why I asked EMan to post the link to the case against the poster because I couldn't find it and that could be useful to anyone who posts on sites like RipOff report, etc.

Posts: 40 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: April 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hilary Swank
posted Hide Post
The only time I will post anything is more of an advisory for people who I felt were trying to scam me. As a heads up to anyone else who might be taken advantage of.

In that situation I'll just post the facts of my experience and nothing more. I only have one person I'd talk bad about by name and the only reason I would do that is because once a soul-sucking scammer, always a soul-sucking scammer and I wouldn't want to be associated with him no matter what he was doing.

He could supposedly be offering me the best connections in the world and it wouldn't matter because I wouldn't believe him. Rest assured, I'll never be associated with him.

Still, your point stands. It doesn't serve you to burn bridges and I think more people should follow that example.

Also, to go to your previous point, you CAN be sued over posting things online over forums if they figure out who you are and can prove without a doubt that you even posted it (INCREDIBLY hard to do since anyone could log on my account and post whatever they wanted to) but even if they do that the proof of damages is so negligable that no lawyer would take it and the judge probably wouldn't even hear it.

There is absolutely 0 reason to be concerned about empty threats on this board by shills.

“Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.” - Bruce Lee

Posts: 65 | Location: Burbank, CA | Registered: January 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hilary Swank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChesterM:
quote:
Chester, I believe that this is simply saying that Angie's list can't be sued, but in the situation that eman posted they could still sue the poster.

I agree, should have been clearer. That's why I asked EMan to post the link to the case against the poster because I couldn't find it and that could be useful to anyone who posts on sites like RipOff report, etc.

I doubt such a precident exists or I suspect our judicial system would be flooded with these types of law suits. One of my friends is a lawyer and she kind of chuckled at the idea.

You can sue for anything in this country, getting a judge to hear it and then winning the case is a totally different story and I think you'd be hard pressed to find a case where someone posted a bad review and then got taken for a ride. Then again Eman might have totally different resources than me.

“Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.” - Bruce Lee

Posts: 65 | Location: Burbank, CA | Registered: January 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hilary Swank
posted Hide Post
Wow, I once auditioned over skype for an out of work writer working on a new pilot. Found his audition info on skype. Then he said Im awful and I need acting lessons and he was the only teacher I should go to. Wanted $50 per class, also given through skype. He noticed people in my home and he insisted I do my audition close to where the people were, to sort of mess with me and embarrass me. Then wondered, how will I learn anything through a skype lesson around my family members?
He tried to make me feel guilty, as if, I could have made it if I gave him the money.

ActorinLa.com

Posts: 98 | Location: Hollywood | Registered: March 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
My two cent thought to readers. If you read negative comments in the thread. Stop and don't read no more.

I read two replies, stop and reply here to show I follow my own rule.

Negative people keep your dirty laundry on your lap please!

And one more LISTEN to your gut that is YOUR best friend. If it sounds good or sound fishy. Be true yourself. SAY NO! Please. Don't think on it. Walk away and know you saved time and money! Keep working you get there because one day goes by that makes you one more day closer to success!!!

-----

The Disciple that Jesus loves! (ME!)
----
Your closer to your success than you think!
----
www.imdb.me/marytennant
www.mary-tennant.com

Posts: 43 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: December 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's not that she means to steal money, she just has no idea what she's doing having an agency. She doesn't follow up with jobs, three cities still haven't had 'launches' and there are no jobs. She too caught up in PR to worry about any agency, which is why she needs to hire someone to find us casting calls, etc. That way she would actually make money since she'd get a percentage of what the models book. The $150 was absurd-the photographer was awful, and I could've gotten my hair dyed and cut for that price and not just styled into something that looked terrible on everyone. The website is very inconsistent. I guess you could consider it a scam, or just take it as a very slow start of a very unsuccessful amateur agency.

Posts: 1 | Location: miami | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MaryTennant:
Negative people keep your dirty laundry on your lap please!

Uh yeah....

That's not going to happen. (Never mind the screwy mixed metaphor.)

The whole point of a board like this is to share information and if there are people out there taking advantage of actors this is the kind of place to let others know.

Oh by the way, when I hear there's a lot of car break-ins in my area or people pulling some scam to get into people's homes, I want to know more about that "negativity", not less.

Same principle. Forewarned is fore-armed.

Posts: 34 | Location: Erehwon | Registered: September 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hilary Swank
posted Hide Post
Oh my god, but if an artist is desperate to get discovered, I understand them falling for this. This is crazy, Im sorry for the omes that fell for it.

ActorinLa.com

Posts: 98 | Location: Hollywood | Registered: March 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can confirm that Jordana Hazan is a FRAUD, SCAM. Please do NOT partake in any of her events. She agreed to pay me for modeling an event, promising to transfer the money into my account the next day and she never did months later. She disappears and doesn't answer your calls, texts, or e-mails. She is very UNPROFESSIONAL, do not work with her. She may not seem as so when you meet her, but she puts on a fake demeanor and will try to fool you.

JORDANA HAZAN of UNTAPPED PR is a fake and definitely not an honest person.

Posts: 1 | Location: Worldly | Registered: April 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In spare time,different people have different hobbies.Some people may choose to go on a date with their lovers with beautiful hairdressing and fashionable clothes.To improve personal image,more and more people choose to wear hair wigs even including male wigs .And to my surprise,there are mens long wigs for sale in the market.

Posts: 1 | Location: Chicago | Registered: March 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post