home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Moderated Forums  Hop To Forums  The Working Actor    Jerry Pace Agency?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jerry Pace Agency? Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dream A Little Dream:
quote:
So did Jerry Pace help you get all of those EXTRA roles and invisible post 2010 credits on your imdb?
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0676856/

OMG...I seriously have never seen an IMDb profile with so many (uncredited) "credits" in my life. I...I...I think I would just take off my picture, scrap the page and start over. Oh, my.

He's in the "Acting" Douche ranks with David Pearl, Shawna Reina, and Joe Huu.

Posts: 1415 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
www.facebook.com/thejerrypaceagency

Here is the agencies facebook page.

Posts: 1 | Location: Pasadena | Registered: March 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ferreson:
www.facebook.com/thejerrypaceagency

Here is the agencies facebook page.

And they're NOT impressive!

Posts: 1415 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is my experience with the Jerry Pace Agency:

In 2010, me and my cousin both signed up with him. My grandpa was in the real estate business, and that is how they knew each other. My grandpa is the one that got me the meeting. I brought my headshots, he set me up on lacasting, and gave me the 1 year contract to sign - no questions asked. No interview, no audition, just a brief meeting.

He suggested I take more classes, which I did. Then a couple of months later, he tells me I need new headshots from a specific photographer, and that I needed to get 7-10 different looks! Red flag right there. I spoke with my grandpa about it, but he just basically told me to blindly follow his advice, as Jerry was an "expert". I didn't buy it, so I googled him and saw all the stuff online about how he scams people by getting kick backs from certain photographers and teachers.

So, I confronted Jerry directly, emailing him all the articles from people claiming they got scammed from him. He denied everything, then tried to get out of his own mess by saying "go to whatever photographer you want, get as many looks as you want", etc.

I was already paying for lacasting myself, and he wasn't submitting me for ANYTHING. He claimed he submitted me for a bunch of commercials to try and get me SAG eligible, but I never had a single audition or job while contracted under him.

My younger cousin was signed with him for years (still is I believe), and she said she got one audition in 4 years. He also told her parents (since she was a minor) that she needed headshots from that same photographer, and they went out and got her several looks. She still got nothing! She's 17 now, and hopefully she will realize by the time she's 18 that she needs a new agent - because she's beautiful (big blue eyes, long brown hair, straight white teeth, and has a body like Scarlett Johannson!), plus she has had extensive theater, dance, and singing training all her life.

Anyways, I did not renew my contract with the Pace agency once it ended. Last August, my grandpa passed away, and Jerry showed up to his funeral. (I didn't recognize him, but a few family members pointed him out and said that he thought I looked great). Still, I wasn't about to re-sign with him.

When I have more credits and join the union, that is when I feel I'll find the right agent.

imbd-pro is great to see who represents working actors. I think the biggest ones are CAA, UTA, WME. Those are the agents that come to you though :-P

Posts: 4 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: May 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My daughter is signed with the Jerry Pace Agency. We have not had any issues with them. I think the negative comments people are posting will only hurt your chances of getting signed period. Hollywood is smaller than you think and they are very connected to each other. Your negativity may hurt you more than it helps you. Perhaps the LOSER is the person who is posting negative comments...

Posts: 1 | Location: California | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hilary Swank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B1:
My daughter is signed with the Jerry Pace Agency. We have not had any issues with them. I think the negative comments people are posting will only hurt your chances of getting signed period. Hollywood is smaller than you think and they are very connected to each other. Your negativity may hurt you more than it helps you. Perhaps the LOSER is the person who is posting negative comments...

1-You look very suspect with only one post, and

2-Re: "The LOSER is the person who is posting negative comments", is anonymous. So how will the comments hurt that person?

Posts: 276 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: December 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This agency is a COMPLETE waste of time. After being offered both commercial and theatrical representation from Jerry Pace himself I was strung along for 3 weeks while I waited for them to return signed copies of the contracts. I still have not received those copies. They never answer the phones at the office and almost never respond to emails. Roxy the commercial agent with the agency seems equally disorganized and she too fails to respond to emails and messages I left for her. If you are offered representation do not be fooled, they are a complete waste of time. Even if they did suddenly get their act together I still wouldn't sign. Who knows how long it would take to get a pay check for a job through them since their communication skills are so poor.

Posts: 1 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: May 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post