home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Moderated Forums  Hop To Forums  The Working Actor    Jerry Pace Agency?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jerry Pace Agency? Login/Join

posted
I searched the forums and found discussions that its one of the scammy agencies. Can anyone elaborate on that? What exactly do they do thats bad?

Posts: 3 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: April 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Come on!

Why the fuck would you want to associate yourself with a LOSER agency? If you have a LOSER agency on your resume, you're going to look like a LOSER.

But in case you're too lazy to do your research:

Once upon a time there was an agency called Zanuck, Passon, and Pace. They were so scammy that they were even written about in Backstage and various other industry publications.They would make you use their photographers and take their classes as a pre requisite to signing with them. They would also demand doing things that would get you laughed out of LA like costumed head shots.

This agency split up in two, Michael Zanuck Agency and Dedicated (now Jerry Pace Agency). BOTH agencies STILL continued such previously mentioned shenanigans.

Posts: 1180 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No need to be rude Truth. I was only asking because they are on the first page of agencies when you look at IMDBpro. I had searched the forums but only found your posts about them being scammy...I just wanted to know more detail.

Posts: 3 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: April 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's why you DON'T trust IMDB rankings for agencies.

Michael Zanuck is high on the list because so many people look him up out of curiosity because he spams everyone who joins LACasting. Jerry Pace also emails people via LA Casting as well.

Posts: 1180 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lovefly:
No need to be rude Truth. I was only asking because they are on the first page of agencies when you look at IMDBpro. I had searched the forums but only found your posts about them being scammy...I just wanted to know more detail.
Did you sign with them?

Posts: 279 | Location: LA | Registered: June 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
yeah, Jerry pace, Zanuck, And so forth are part of the same scummy crew that has been stinking up Hollywood since time immemorial. Avoid.

Posts: 88 | Location: NY | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
quote:

Why the fuck

ha ha ha, lol. btw, anybody know if michael zanuck is related to the legendary daryl zanuck? that would be hilarious if he were some random guy who changed his last name to zanuck.

Posts: 69 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: November 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
It's been suggested. Can't say if it's true.

His sister, who got in real trouble when she diverted her actors' funds at an agency that included Zanuck, had a different last name, but I don't know if that was by marriage.

The really hilarious thing these days is that virtually no one under fifty knows the name anyway.

Watch for a new agent named Michael Affleck.

Posts: 47 | Location: Erehwon | Registered: September 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AlexJ:
quote:

Why the fuck

ha ha ha, lol. btw, anybody know if michael zanuck is related to the legendary daryl zanuck? that would be hilarious if he were some random guy who changed his last name to zanuck.

His real name is Bigley. He changed it so people would think he's related to the famous 20TH Century Fox family

Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRUTHTELLER59:
quote:
Originally posted by AlexJ:
quote:

Why the fuck

His real name is Bigley. He changed it so people would think he's related to the famous 20TH Century Fox family

Holy smokes. How did you know that?

Posts: 69 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: November 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There used to be an article posted on here about it a long time ago. I think JimChevalier (who is no longer with us on this board) knew the story.

posted Hide Post
THE JERRY PACE AGENCY is a very legitimate agency.
I have been with them for several years and continually get sent out for commercials, film and television. Whatever mess he got involved with is now in his past. I am thrilled to have an Agent that submits me.

Posts: 1 | Location: Inland Empire | Registered: November 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Niedbalski:
THE JERRY PACE AGENCY is a very legitimate agency.
I have been with them for several years and continually get sent out for commercials, film and television. Whatever mess he got involved with is now in his past. I am thrilled to have an Agent that submits me.

Oh I remember you. You're the one who said Melissa Cohen, who used to work with Michael Zanuck and Jerry Pace, was a good person despite the fact that she got kick backs from making you get costumed shots with HER photographer and taking classes with HER people.

So did Jerry Pace help you get all of those EXTRA roles and invisible post 2010 credits on your imdb?
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0676856/

I think you're long overdue for a MAJOR upgrade! I say MAJOR because anyone but him and Michael Zanuck is an upgrade.

Hilary Swank
posted Hide Post
Anyone can add anything on IMDB. Once some annonymous added unflattering pictures of me there.

ActorinLa.com

Posts: 22 | Location: Hollywood | Registered: March 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
quote:
So did Jerry Pace help you get all of those EXTRA roles and invisible post 2010 credits on your imdb?
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0676856/

OMG...I seriously have never seen an IMDb profile with so many (uncredited) "credits" in my life. I...I...I think I would just take off my picture, scrap the page and start over. Oh, my.

Posts: 5 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: September 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post