home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Moderated Forums  Hop To Forums  The Working Actor    Best UPDATED list of LA Agencies?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best UPDATED list of LA Agencies? Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Hi TRUTHTELLER59:

Have you heard of IDIOM Talent Agency?? If so what are your thoughts on them. Thank you for your time

Posts: 1 | Location: Hollywood | Registered: March 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Marlon Brando
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ActLaugh1:
Hi TRUTHTELLER59:

Have you heard of IDIOM Talent Agency?? If so what are your thoughts on them. Thank you for your time

Never heard of them. Why don't you meet with them and report back?

Start up agencies suck unless the agent came from a major agency and left on good terms and still has strong relationships with CDs.

Posts: 2133 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello!
I too am looking for info on this company. Are they legit? Is it unusual for a commercial agency to ask for a taped audition (even though I have a reel, which I sent them), be totally inaccessible in person, by phone or email? Cant find info on them ANYWHERE on line it seems - googling only gets listings with no comments or info. I am back in the game after a long time away - is it now a normal thing to do all biz w/agent via internet and not in person? I dont think I want to sign with anyone I cant meet. . . does ANYONE know ANYTHING about IDIOM??? all info helpful -thanks!

Posts: 1 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: March 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone else hearing that Diverse Talent Group is about to be a big thing soon (again)? This comes from some pretty reliable sources.

Posts: 10 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: September 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by harvard_88:
Anyone else hearing that Diverse Talent Group is about to be a big thing soon (again)? This comes from some pretty reliable sources.

unless your reliable sources are the top commercial and theatrical casting directors then its just speculation.

Posts: 22 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: April 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes they're legit. If you question if a agency is legit, look up the business license in the California State talent agency license database.

IDIOM Talent Agency is Shane Cormier. He's a former celebrity endorsement agent from Special Artist Agency in Beverly Hills. I met him at a commercial workshop at the Beverly Hills Playhouse awhile back. I know he has started commercial departments at Daniel Hoff Agency, Coast to Coast talent and SAA before he started his company. My girlfriend was represented by one of his offices in Honolulu before she moved to Los Angeles. I believe his offices are international now so maybe that's why they request us to send in tape. I looked at his website and they have a few offices in Asia and India.

I think it's become more normal for agencies to request us to send in auditions. I talked to my acting coach about this and he said that commercial departments are high volume and they like to know if a client is good before they spend the time to talk to them or meet them.

Posts: 1 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: June 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Denzel Washington
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWilkins:
Yes they're legit. If you question if a agency is legit, look up the business license in the California State talent agency license database.

IDIOM Talent Agency is Shane Cormier. He's a former celebrity endorsement agent from Special Artist Agency in Beverly Hills. I met him at a commercial workshop at the Beverly Hills Playhouse awhile back. I know he has started commercial departments at Daniel Hoff Agency, Coast to Coast talent and SAA before he started his company. My girlfriend was represented by one of his offices in Honolulu before she moved to Los Angeles. I believe his offices are international now so maybe that's why they request us to send in tape. I looked at his website and they have a few offices in Asia and India.

I think it's become more normal for agencies to request us to send in auditions. I talked to my acting coach about this and he said that commercial departments are high volume and they like to know if a client is good before they spend the time to talk to them or meet them.
How often does your gf get out and is she union?

----
just another actor..

Posts: 370 | Location: LA | Registered: June 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello, I received a note of interest from Idiom with regards to representation.

They stated an interest in a non-contractual basis for commercial print and non-exclusive on-camera commercial (non-dialogue) representation. If I did this, would it deter me in any way from seeking commercial representation elsewhere? (Knowing if I signed anywhere this would end).

Also, is it standard for them to take 20% if you're non union? I'm SAG eligible right now.

Thank you!

Posts: 7 | Location: West Hollywood | Registered: October 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Denzel Washington
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HeidiM:
Hello, I received a note of interest from Idiom with regards to representation.

They stated an interest in a non-contractual basis for commercial print and non-exclusive on-camera commercial (non-dialogue) representation. If I did this, would it deter me in any way from seeking commercial representation elsewhere? (Knowing if I signed anywhere this would end).

Also, is it standard for them to take 20% if you're non union? I'm SAG eligible right now.

Thank you!
yes

----
just another actor..

Posts: 370 | Location: LA | Registered: June 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post