home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Moderated Forums  Hop To Forums  The Working Actor    Cazt auditions locations.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cazt auditions locations. Login/Join

Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hi, I'm new at this and I don't how to do this. I know this is off topic but how exactly do I get started in the acting business. Or is there anyone that could help me? I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Hi Heather. You can use the forum's "Find" feature to search for previous posts about that question. (There are many.) Click the "Find" button near the top of this page, then type something into the "Keyword Search" box that pops up (for example, "how to get started", "getting started", or "breaking in"), uncheck the "Search current forum only" checkbox, and then click "Go". You might have to get creative to think about what keywords to search for, but the answers are there. When you run into a wall after having tried hard to find an answer, post your question. It's usually best to say what you did to try to find the answer on your own, so that people will know where you're starting from.

When you're ready to post a question, go to the main forum page (http://bbs.backstage.com/eve/forums) and choose the right forum. You'll probably want the "New Actors Only" forum for now. Click on that and then click the "New" button to start a new topic. But again, only after you've made sure that your question hasn't already been asked.

It's also *really* educational to spend a few days reading as many recent posts as you can in all of the forums.

Posts: 80 | Location: Chicago | Registered: October 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ActorinLA:
Ok I emailed them.
But you know, I complained back then too and thats one of the reasons I didnt get a role in it, I think.
Other actressess willing to do nude on film were taken instead. All others either got featured roles or were not cast.
I dont think it matters if complaints are made.

Anytime ActorinLA doesn't get a role (which is never) she accuses the agent, casting director or coach of some kind of sexual mis conduct. ActorinLa you are a total idiot and would do this blog and this industry a big favor by going away forever!

Posts: 89 | Location: Huntington Beach | Registered: July 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
I got an audition at CAZT but not suree if I should go, after reading some of the reviews. The sides seem fine, nothing weird. It's SAG and pays well, but everyone says on here that CAZT is not usually worth it?

Posts: 84 | Location: CA | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
Oh also, the pay seems to be more than the sag-aftra rate for a costar on a tv series, so I am wondering how a low budget webseries can afford that?

Posts: 84 | Location: CA | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hilary Swank
posted Hide Post
Cazt is great, I went to an audition there a few days ago and the place was packed. I think web series and smaller budgets are cast there, Im not sure. Their technology was impressive. I dont think the place matters, but for who you audition for.

ActorinLa.com

Posts: 233 | Location: Hollywood | Registered: March 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post