home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Moderated Forums  Hop To Forums  The Working Actor    Headshot Recommendations
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Headshot Recommendations Login/Join

Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
I have gone to my fair share of photographers. I got my best head shots done by a photographer for 2 looks for the price of 150. Remember cds want to see what you really look like. Dont try to be a model

Posts: 8 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: April 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
I'm a bit shocked about the prices in New York compared to those in LA. It's around 700-900 dollars for a few headshots in NYC when you can get MUCH BETTER ones for half that price in LA…

I think I'll actually schedule a headshot session the next time I visit LA...

Posts: 28 | Location: New York | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ActorinLA:
quote:
Originally posted by TRUTHTELLER59:
quote:
I like Kevyn Major Howard and Kevin Break.

BAD ADVICE!

You probably like him because he probably hit on you like a lot of casting directors seem to do to you.

Casting Directors HATE Kevyn Major Howard! He shoots people the SAME way-hunched over and in landscape. Also, for some reason the photos are bluish and faded regardless of how good the retouching/color correcting is.

Nope, Thats not why I like him. I got many auditions from his pictures. Why are you so negative, Truthteller.

LOL. Kevin Break is married to ActorinLa. It's his wife!!

Posts: 59 | Location: Huntington Beach | Registered: July 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TRUTHTELLER59:
quote:

BAD ADVICE!

You probably like him because he probably hit on you like a lot of casting directors seem to do to you.

Casting Directors HATE Kevyn Major Howard! He shoots people the SAME way-hunched over and in landscape. Also, for some reason the photos are bluish and faded regardless of how good the retouching/color correcting is.

Nope, Thats not why I like him. I got many auditions from his pictures. Why are you so negative, Truthteller.

ActorinLa is married to Kevin Break

Posts: 59 | Location: Huntington Beach | Registered: July 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jackson Pollack:
I have gone to my fair share of photographers. I got my best head shots done by a photographer for 2 looks for the price of 150. Remember cds want to see what you really look like. Dont try to be a model

Who is this photographer? That sounds like a good deal.

Is there anyone in particular who shoots youth or the 18tpy range?

Posts: 32 | Location: here and there | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
stay clear of Kevin Break!

Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
quote:

I've had my headshots done by Kevin Break and they turned out great.

Posts: 51 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: April 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The photographer I like best is doing a Kickstarter campaign right now for an unrelated photo series, but if you pledge $250 you get headshots (he normally charges $500+ and it's hard to get him even if you can pay). His headshots are incredible. Check out the Kickstarter deal here: https://www.kickstarter.com/pr...hoto-series-and-book

Posts: 10 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
Everything these days is about the headshot. So, you can't skimp on them at all. You need good headshots to get an agent and good headshots to get auditions period. There are a lot of people out there charging $100 to $200 for headshots, but I can assure you, you will get screwed on pics that cheap.

Don't worry about WHO the photographer is...just make certain you have a connection with them, that you are comfortable with them. Sometimes the "famous" photographers in LA are just so booked they don't care, they rush through YOUR shoot so they can move on to the next. That you want to avoid. And make certain you know your type (i.e. who you are as a person and what you are going to be cast in.) Your photographer doesn't know that in the brief amount of time they met you, even though they will try and convince you they know what it is best. Work with your photographer, but remember, these are YOUR pics. They have to SELL you, and photographers don't always grasp that even though they think they know what it is best.

Posts: 265 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: May 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Al Pacino
posted Hide Post
Please read the date before you respond to things. This was obviously Necroed by someone spamming.

Posts: 741 | Location: New York | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post