home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Moderated Forums  Hop To Forums  The Working Actor    Actors Access charges $3.00 each time you submit a clip? WTF?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Actors Access charges $3.00 each time you submit a clip? WTF? Login/Join

Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
My AA account is linked to my agent. Can my agent submit me to AA castings, with video clips attached to the submissions, free of charge?

If yes, perhaps I can ask my agent to submit me every time I see an appropriate casting?

Posts: 35 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: June 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ranger_One:
My AA account is linked to my agent. Can my agent submit me to AA castings, with video clips attached to the submissions, free of charge?

If yes, perhaps I can ask my agent to submit me every time I see an appropriate casting?
its marketing to sign up for the package

Posts: 279 | Location: LA | Registered: June 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Robert DeNiro
posted Hide Post
Your agent doesn't have time to submit you for student films and non-paying projects. Just pay the $68 Showfax subscription.

Posts: 443 | Location: New York | Registered: December 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's stupid!

Yes, it's free on your agent's end to submit you with attached clips, but like TMR said, they're not going to submit you on shit that doesn't make them money.

Posts: 1180 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
I know you're frustrated - but, just pay the $68 for the subscription so that you can submit for anything and everything and not worry about individual costs.

We've all lamented about the costs assosciated with maintaining your AA and LACasting/Casting Networks profiles but they are the industry standard and if you wanna be working in this industry - you need to have them updated and ready.

$68 a year is a drop in the bucket and you should be able to book at least one job a year that will make that investment more than worthy/pay for itself.

Posts: 142 | Location: New York | Registered: June 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRUTHTELLER59:

Yes, it's free on your agent's end to submit you with attached clips, but like TMR said, they're not going to submit you on shit that doesn't make them money.

The jobs for which I apply via AA are high-paying jobs. For example, yesterday's job paid $450 to the actor PLUS 20% to the agent. I do not apply for low-paying or non-paying jobs via AA.

Posts: 35 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: June 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Robert DeNiro
posted Hide Post
Some agents won't submit for things under $500 a day. That's been my experience.

Posts: 508 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: January 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TRUTHTELLER59:

most of us are in la or ny, 1,500 is about the lowest for an agent to consider submitting NU

The jobs for which I apply via AA are high-paying jobs. For example, yesterday's job paid $450 to the actor PLUS 20% to the agent. I do not apply for low-paying or non-paying jobs via AA.

Posts: 279 | Location: LA | Registered: June 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
If you actively submit, pay the AA yearly fee for unlimited submissions and videos...plus you can choose the video(s) you wish to send. You'll make your $ back in one booking.

Posts: 100 | Location: NYC  | Registered: August 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
It's almost like they're a company and want to make money, or something weird like that.

Posts: 52 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post