home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Moderated Forums  Hop To Forums  The Working Actor    The Working Actress
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Working Actress Login/Join

Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Yeah and mid-way through her posts she talks about how she wasn't even 30 yet.

Posts: 77 | Location: LA | Registered: August 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bet you 100k that its SUITS Megan Markle!!!

Posts: 2 | Location: California | Registered: December 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kerrymont:
bet you 100k that its SUITS Megan Markle!!!

Well, I was all for respecting her privacy but to anyone who has recently read the blog, since a name has now been thrown out there does Meghan Markle fit? It seems that Meghan got married in 2011 and her and her husband are now separated. Also, her husband is a manager and producer. For some reason I *thought* the blog said her boyfriend worked outside of the entertainment industry? But maybe it never said that. Meghan is currently 32, which fits the age references in the blog.

Posts: 7 | Location: LA | Registered: December 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
The timeline certainly seems to fit as well as some of the credits. That said, she definitely does say that her boyfriend didn't work in the industry at all.

Edit: Actually she mentions that she did a few indie movies and I don't see any one Meghan Markle's IMDB unless it was never released.

Posts: 48 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Meghan doesn't have a New York agent and she mentioned her NY agent very specifically a couple of times.

Posts: 77 | Location: LA | Registered: August 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i highly doubt that everything on the blog is 100% truth
but still that would be the only actress to fit the profile from the 2011 pilot season that was picked up and is now still going or cancelled.

Posts: 2 | Location: California | Registered: December 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Suits wasn't picked up in May. USA was on a different timeline (check Suits pilot page on wiki). USA ordered it in like 2010 and it got picked up early January 2011 and premiered in June or something like that.

She posted about her pilot being picked up in late May and about being "MIA the last two weeks" which is in line with when the 2011-2012 pilot pickups were announced (early May) for the five major networks (NBC, Fox, ABC, CBS, CW).

But yes, I'm sure she's changed minor details around here and there cause when I first read the blog I was fascinated enough to go through all the shows picked up for those networks for that season and don't think I found anyone that matches her..

Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
In one of her post she mentioned it being a comedy she was in, I don't watch suits but i don't think it's a comedy?

Posts: 76 | Location: CA | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
Also she had posts last year saying she was still under 30 so she is not 32

Posts: 76 | Location: CA | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is Meghan Markle. I just finished reading and these are the bigger points that help piece it together:

The BIGGEST was how she mentioned doing an indie and when she met her co-star she mentioned being sorta bitter about losing out on a recurring guest role to the same girl previously. Later on she specifically references One Tree Hill. The girl/co-star she is Shantel VanSanten who had a long arc on OTH (the blog mentions that she did at least 20 episodes, $400k earned that would have been hers).

The indie film they were supposed to do together was Random Encounters, and on the imdb page for the film it says that Shantel was supposed to be in it, but quit, and there's a blog post about the co-star quitting at the last minute. Meghan is still in the film.

The big comedy film she mentions doing is Horrible Bosses. She even blogs that it was a New Line Cinema film.

Then there's other stuff about relocating to shoot on location (I think Suits films in Vancouver?) and the timeline does match up with her getting the role in early 2011, filming later in the year, the show's a hit so she starts to get recognized, then the blogging fades out around the time that Meghan takes up twitter/instagram/other forms of social media. Maybe this is a little too personal, but she does blog about how shooting on location has taken it's toll on neglecting the people she loves and Meghan just separated from her husband recently (thanks google, for that being the first news article that shows up when I looked up her name), husband is the boyfriend/beau mentioned throughout (whom I actually just met a few weeks ago... hollywood is a freaky small town ha!)

Lest this seem stalkerish... I read the blog over about 4 days and once someone mentioned Meghan's name, it took me all of 20 minutes on imdb/google to match everything up. For being "Anonymous" she sure did include a lot of specific details about her life and career.

Either way... it's an excellent read. Whoever mentioned this should be adapted into a book, I agree. Smiler To be honest, I've never heard of this girl before finding the blog but it makes it that much more relatable/her level of success seems so much more attainable for some reason.

Posts: 3 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: December 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
I hate to out the woman, but I think liveonthesun is right. Meghan was born and raised in LA just like the blog-writer - a fact that I couldn't seem to align with anyone until now. All of the other pieces fit.

Mae

Posts: 285 | Location: Midwest | Registered: March 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
The only thing off unless I'm mistaken is USA picked up Suits in January 2011, not May 2011--which is when she posted about finding out her pilot got picked up. USA ordered 11 episodes in January. Meghan was cast in August of 2010. There was a post in March 2011 about her at dinner with her boyfriend and family when she got the call that she booked the pilot. And after that, she posts about shooting her pilot, which was around March-April 2011. And then finally her post in mid-May about finding out about her pilot being picked up... which also at first led me to believe it wasn't a USA show since they didn't announce pickups at the same time as the other networks, which was all in early May. I don't know, everything about her show from getting cast, filming, to being picked up happened March - May 2011 and Suits was already a done deal by January 2011.

Hm I don't know, all the other pieces seem to fit though but I don't think Suits aligns with it. And Meghan's credits aren't that much.. she rarely was a recurring guest star and WA had a ton of recurring guest stars and indie films that at least from what she made it sound like, seemed more than just "Fedex Girl" on Horrible Bosses. She had managers wanting to sign her before Suits and with Meghan's credits before Suits happened.. doesn't seem like she'd have a bunch of management companies knocking on her door.

EDIT:// She does mention she did a CBS guest star appearance for two weeks in March 2010 and Meghan did guest star on CSI: Miami in 2010. Hmm!

Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
look at the similarity of her speaking style:

Meghan Markle: I had always been the theater nerd at Northwestern University. I knew I wanted to do acting, but I hated the idea of being this cliché — a girl from L.A. who decides to be an actress. I wanted more than that, and I had always loved politics, so I ended up changing my major completely, and double-majoring in theater and international relations. By my junior year I had finished most of my credits, and so I applied for an internship at the U.S. Embassy, so I ended up working in the embassy in Buenos Aires for a few months. It was their economic devaluation and our Secretary of the Treasury at the time, Paul O'Neill, was there, so I'm 20 years old, in Buenos Aires, in a motorcade, doing that whole thing. I thought for sure I would still have a career in politics. Then I came back to L.A. for Christmas, and a friend of mine from college introduced me to this manager. He saw a student film that I had done and said, "You know what, you're going to make money, and I'll take 10 percent, and I think you should stick around." I was really spoiled because I booked my first audition, so it's the biggest tease because you think, "Oh, this is easy." All things considered, I'm so grateful and fortunate that I have a show now that's doing well, but it's not easy. It was definitely a struggle.

MM: So long! TV has always seen us in the same way. He's the rough-around-the-edges guy, I'm the polished girl, and there's that "Will they ever be together?" tension. It's crazy to finally have a pilot that has more than the longevity of one season — this is like my cup runneth over.

Posts: 51 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: July 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Ok it does seem like it's her.. despite Suits not matching up with her pilot announcement. She talks about how April Webster put her in a project and Meghan was in a project April cast. I watched the first interview I found of Meghan on Google and she talks about how her dad always wanted this for her (WA taks about this too).. and about her boyfriend not being in the industry... I don't remember if she said that but maybe she slipped cause in one of the posts before she booked her pilot she talked about him reading a script.

Ah, well...

Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
good work Dorrkay, you had everyone on a mission trying to figure this out Eeker

Posts: 51 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: July 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post