home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Moderated Forums  Hop To Forums  The Working Actor    Finding that agent/manager in Los Angeles
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finding that agent/manager in Los Angeles Login/Join

Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ashleernb:
I have talked to my manager.....which is another source of frustration in itself.

If your manager is providing no help for you on this matter, you may have to reconsider your future with this particular person/company. In the meantime, Go ahead and just hustle to find that agent yourself. It's possible. I've done it before (or rather, this is how I got my New Orleans and Atlanta agent...all on my own).

Posts: 357 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: January 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
This just blew my mind... Thanks!

Posts: 29 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: November 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cinnabon Monster:
This post will effectively out me in terms of identity (but then again, if you just google Cinnabon Monster, you'll have an idea who it is anyways) but I share this with you all for those who are hunting for an agent/manager in Los Angeles.

I am very much aware that there are multiple great ways of going about this but this has worked for me...I hope it at least provides some assistance to you guys as well Big Grin

http://cinnabonmonster.wordpre...elusive-agentmanager

I wouldn't mind being outed in order to provide an appreciated, realistic, view of our business, and how best to make it work for you.

Thanks...

Posts: 39 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: May 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
My pleasure Smiler

Posts: 357 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: January 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
Shamelessly bumping this up since this is getting results from friends and random people who are tweeting their results to me

Sorrrrry (HEHEHE)

Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
Never sign with someone who claims to be a "manager" unless they have a track record and you can actually see what they have done for other clients. Too many people running around in LA now calling themselves a manager and they have not a clue what to do, or what they are doing.

Posts: 285 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: May 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by STRUGGLING ARTIST:
Never sign with someone who claims to be a "manager" unless they have a track record and you can actually see what they have done for other clients. Too many people running around in LA now calling themselves a manager and they have not a clue what to do, or what they are doing.

totally agree with that. shiiiet, i can be a manager tomorrow and nobody will know any better

Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Great info and nice blog...thank you for sharing young Asian Ted Mosby :-)

Posts: 36 | Location: Worldwide | Registered: July 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
My only questions is which site to use: wordpress, about.me, or a different one?

Posts: 45 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Robert DeNiro
posted Hide Post
Also, make sure the manager is a member of The Talent Manager's Association.

The members are well regarded and have direct access to the breakdowns as agents do.

In addition, their membership shows they have ethics, as they are monitored by the Association.

Posts: 511 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: January 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post