home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Moderated Forums  Hop To Forums  The Working Actor    SAG Eligibility after Taft-Hartley
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SAG Eligibility after Taft-Hartley Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I'm having the opposite problem with my child actor than kabecca - he received his 'you can join now' letter (he's Taft-Hartley from work last summer) but the check says he's not eligible. I tried to register on the SAG-AFTRA site for him but he's just shy of 13 so I can't without printing out a paper form & mailing it in.

Not a rush to know as we're in a smaller market and won't have to worry until late summer at best but his manager suggested yeterday that I check his status and was glad I'd kept the letter. She's had child actor's status get 'lost' in the past when it was more than a year between eligibility & joining.

Posts: 2 | Location: Oregon | Registered: May 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Al Pacino
posted Hide Post
Now that this thread has been sitting for awhile, I am working on a web series and we're Taft-Hartleying someone. Does anyone know how long it takes the online thing to say you're eligible?

Posts: 886 | Location: New York | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That SAG Eligibility checker on their site has never been accurate. DON'T TRUST IT!

Once you're eligible, you're forever eligible until you fork over the $3k

Posts: 1580 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRUTHTELLER59:
That SAG Eligibility checker on their site has never been accurate. DON'T TRUST IT!

Once you're eligible, you're forever eligible until you fork over the $3k

I had always believed that to the case but it's good to get confirmation from someone experienced. They closed our local office a couple weeks ago (like most regionals) so now I'm seeking non-local resources like this board. :-) Thanks Truthteller!

Posts: 2 | Location: Oregon | Registered: May 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
I was taft hartleyed at the end of January, in March the website checker said I was eligible and then called the office, where they said I was eligible, however I still haven't received my letter and it's been almost 3 months since talking to the SAG Office.
Any thoughts?

Callie Harlan
Adorable feistiness mixed with a defiant dark-side

http://www.youtube.com/user/CallieNYC
www.CallieHarlan.com

Posts: 21 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: January 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
The official word on Taft-Hartley's through New Media department is to allow three months to process...

Posts: 65 | Location: New York | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Also if you're waiting for your eligibility to be processed and you're in NYC - if you're ready to join you can contact the NY membership office or show up with your stuff in person to speed the process along. Not sure if that's the same in the L.A. office. Like, they won't do it if you just want your eligibility confirmed faster but if you're actually ready to join they'll speed you through.

Posts: 65 | Location: New York | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Al Pacino
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Omanda:
Also if you're waiting for your eligibility to be processed and you're in NYC - if you're ready to join you can contact the NY membership office or show up with your stuff in person to speed the process along. Not sure if that's the same in the L.A. office. Like, they won't do it if you just want your eligibility confirmed faster but if you're actually ready to join they'll speed you through.

That is good to know. I had no idea if this was an uncouth thing to do or not.

Posts: 886 | Location: New York | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
I never got my letter! I called and confirmed and was given our sag number.

quote:
Originally posted by ausk8r:
I was taft hartleyed at the end of January, in March the website checker said I was eligible and then called the office, where they said I was eligible, however I still haven't received my letter and it's been almost 3 months since talking to the SAG Office.
Any thoughts?

Posts: 59 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
I called the LA office 5 days after they received our paperwork -- both faxed and sent signature confirmed btw -- and was told over the phone I was officially SAG-E. Got the letter about a week later.

Posts: 62 | Location: new england | Registered: January 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Robert DeNiro
posted Hide Post
I never got a letter. Had to call them to verify.

Posts: 501 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: January 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, per New Media, they are really busy, so give it about 3 months before you call. DD's paperwork was submitted in December, and she just received the letter last week. It still doesn't show online though. Hope this helps! Smiler

Posts: 17 | Location: Orange County | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Al Pacino
posted Hide Post
Thanking for bumping a two year old thread.