home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Help Forums  Hop To Forums  Website / Technical Help    Report Technical Issues Here
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Report Technical Issues Here Login/Join

Marlon Brando
posted
Ever have any difficulties with the Back Stage website? Please let us know!

Describe the problem here in as much detail as possible. Others may be having the problem at the same time, and we can all help each other.

However, NEVER leave any personal information here, such as your phone number, personal email address, or login and password. If the problem requires personal attention, email us at info@backstage.com.

Thank you!

Tom Lapke
Project Manager
BackStage.com

Posts: -32 | Location: USA | Registered: April 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I try to edit my own post it says I do not have permission to edit or delete my own posts. How can I acquire this permission or edit my settings so that I'm able to control the content of my own posts?

Thank you.

Posts: 1 | Location: USA | Registered: July 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Users don't have the ability to edit/delete what they write on these forums. If you find something offensive or something that you're desperate to correct, you can press the little yellow triangle with the exclamation mark to report the post to the admin's attention.

Also, you can quote what you said and correct yourself with a subsequent post.

Posts: 11 | Location: NYC | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
I was able to edit posts for awhile. Yet today I cannot. There's a brief time limit on editing and deleting, it seems. I didn't know this and am usually guarded about posting things online. It would be nice to have the option to delete a post later.

Backstage is super awesome. But I feel less inclined to participate if my posts are forever.

Posts: 45 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: August 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
Okay this just started yesterday. It was working fine til then. Don't know if it's on my end or yours. You know how you get an email message saying someone responded to a post? Well, I used to be able to click on reply or see post and it would take me right to it. Now, it takes me to a backstage page, that says: page cannot be displayed, or some error type message.

Any ideas on how to get that function back? It's a pain having to go try and find the post then.
Thanks so much!

Posts: 47 | Location: Southeast | Registered: September 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
Addendum to my last post: Backstage Espresso does the same thing.
"page not found"

I tried to do a screen shot, but cannot paste it here.

Posts: 47 | Location: Southeast | Registered: September 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Hmm, thanks for pointing that out, Brandi. I can still do those things. It sounds like you're having a browser issue. I strongly recommend trying http://www.google.com/chrome

Posts: 11 | Location: NYC | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
Well, there were just updates, that's why I was wondering if it was just me. Thanks Ron. I hate updates, they always mess something up. I'll work on it on my end. :-)

Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
On the homepage and on the articles, there are TONS of graphic problems with the text. Text is running into images, making things completely unreadable.

I'm using google chrome on a PC.

Posts: 260 | Location: New York | Registered: June 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Hmm... I'm also using Chrome on a PC. In fact it's the recommended browser for using Backstage. I'm not sure, but, perhaps your zoom settings are creating mis-alignment of objects? Or perhaps you have customized certain fonts and pictures to be displayed in a way that's different than the default? I would also make sure to have the most updated version of the browser. Perhaps, too, if these suggestions are not resolving the problem, you may try using Internet Explorer or even Safari -- I've had a number of reports from people using Firefox, so, I would not recommend that. You can reach me at http://backstage.com/castinghelp if you need further support!

posted Hide Post
I uploaded my headshots on backstage and for some reason they show up sideways even though they are saved on my computer right side up and everywhere else I open them or upload them they come up correct. How can I turn them on backstage or make sure they upload the right way?

Posts: 1 | Location: CA | Registered: November 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Hi, Tatjana -- I'm e-mailing you about this right now. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

You can reach me at http://backstage.com/castinghelp if you have any updates or issues to let me know about!

Ron Kagan | Community Manager | Backstage Magazine

Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Spammer posting the exact same message in every single thread. Just a link to some website that supposedly "has all the answers"

Love is truth.
Perception alters the facts.
Intuition leads the way.

Posts: 22 | Location: LA | Registered: November 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Am I the ONLY one who dislikes the new search? I loved the old search! This one says "showing 9 jobs" or "showing 23" and it only shows 3 or 2. Or if there is enough on the page to require going to the "next page" there is not "next" button... I cannot see the jobs I applied for anymore. I love the profile updating better than the old...but its the search results that are not what they used to be. Has ANYONE ELSE complained? I cannot continue to pay if the search doesn't help. Please let me know'
Thank you! Deb

Posts: 2 | Location: New Orleans | Registered: March 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
I don't like it either, but I am hoping it's a learning curve thing! But, so far, it isn't very helpful. :/