home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  The Craft  Hop To Forums  Health and Fitness    What skin care/products do 'celebrities' use?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What skin care/products do 'celebrities' use? Login/Join

Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
I have always been very diligent about protecting myself from the sun. Long sleeves, hats, sunscreen. Recently, I was diagnosed with VITAMIN D deficiency! My symptoms were not typical but my doc tested for it.

My symptoms were constant eye lid twitching (when you feel it more than people see it) and numbness in my arms and legs. It cleared up after a week of Vit D supplements and comes back if I stop taking it.

Posts: 85 | Location: Gulf Coast | Registered: September 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glenn Close
Picture of Lonni Delane
posted Hide Post
A good anti-aging regimen revolves around three things

Exfoliation
Sun protection
Vitamin A/ Retinol/ Other topical vitamins (this can be as simple as an oil mask. I use unrefined Grapeseed Oil which has lots of Vitamin E and antioxidants and let it sit for a while in the shower).

I write about beauty for different web magazines, so my knowledge base is pretty broad.

Bouncing on what Jackie said, Get.
A.
Clarisonic. Seriously!

Accept no imitations. The patented technology on this bad boy is what makes it worth the price.

Cell turnover is key. Exfoliation is a major player. One of the latest breakthrough products is ExfoliKate, which combines chemical and mechanical exfoliation. It's a Sephora best seller. My personal preference is Clinique. The PMD personal microderm is pretty cool for this. It lets you mimic a dermatologist treatment at home very effectively

There is no substitute for doing your own research. Jumping on a bandwagon celebrity product is not going to get you results. You have to put in the time and develop a skin care regimen that works for you. Once you figure it out and get a rhythm you can pretty much coast on it for years.

That being said, I'm especially keen on hi-tech beauty tools like Clarisonic and the PMD and now there's this at home laser called Palo Via. No chemicals. No mystery ingredients. Just technology.

Posts: 442 | Location: Philadelphia | Registered: September 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
unauthorized advertisment

Posts: 2 | Location: USA | Registered: December 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't tell about the celebrities but i use natural manuka honey for healthy and glowing skin.

wayne wade

Posts: 1 | Location: 2300 Riddle Ave, Wilmington, DE 19806 | Registered: December 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jamesdeen
posted Hide Post
unauthorized advertisment

Posts: 1 | Location: Tuskegee | Registered: May 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Anyone have any favorite over the counter retinols they recommend? good ones for under eye area as well? trying to find a good one, but there are so many out there its a little overwhelming.

Posts: 39 | Location: los angeles | Registered: July 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think this is the question of their personal preference.Every celebrity has their own skin care product line from make-up to fragrance and skin care swiss cosmetics.

Beth D Spray

Posts: 2 | Location: Irondale | Registered: September 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lisa Jackson here from States an Independent business professional growing with online pharmacy store - Pillsincart.

Posts: 1 | Location: E. Cortez Drive Scottsdale | Registered: March 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Degprinsessan:
I mean, if price wouldn't be an issue, what brands are the best for someone in their 20s who wants to limit the chances of wrinkles coming up when they reach their 30s..?

Sorry to say I am not agree with you. Here is not product in market which can stop wrinkles. Wrinkles on screen is a natural process. It will definitely come with increasing age.
Yes, you can put them away for some time. I just project myself from direct sunlight and use Jarvis Cream & Serum Jarvis Cream & Serum.

I am my favorite!

Posts: 1 | Location: Los angeles | Registered: April 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well there are so many products that celebrities use to maintain there beauty. You can see it here www.cosmopolitan.com/hairstyle...e-beauty-100#slide-5
Grow Taller

Posts: 2 | Location: Long Beach | Registered: June 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post