home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  The Craft  Hop To Forums  Health and Fitness    Teeth Whiteners
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Teeth Whiteners Login/Join

Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Some places will offer laser whiting for free or really cheap because they are a new company and just want you to take a before and after photo.

Posts: 2 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: July 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Sam, checked out your IMDB page and was hoping to see those pearly white teeth. Smile! So do you know of any of these new companies??? thanks, P

Posts: 1 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: August 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
my dentist recommended something called smile
its done inhouse it takes 1 1/2 hours and 500 dollars later tons of compliments later it looks great

Posts: 25 | Location: new york city | Registered: October 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
If you can afford it do Zoom. You can always find deals in L.A for Zoom at Groupon. You will get INSANE sensitivity for a few days later, like shooting pains but this is normal and temporary. Beauty is pain... lol

Posts: 101 | Location: LA | Registered: June 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
Also, use a Sonicare toothbrush; it is expensive (around $100) but worth it and whitens well. Tbe cheap $15 electric toothbrushes at Target etc do not compare. Sonicare is the best and whitens... Also use Listerine whitening pre-rinse; I actually swish it and then brush the listering whitening rnse with my sonicare and then brush with regular toothpaste.

Posts: 101 | Location: LA | Registered: June 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
I used the whitestrips and it really did nothing for me. Got a cast made of my teeth at the dentist and 38% Carbamide peroxide. The custom-fitted trays make all the difference and my teeth are so white now! NO sensitivity!
I drink a lot of coffee and like red wine so I redo it every month for about 15 minutes.
I've heard the Zoom method is VERY temporary and expensive. The trays and peroxide cost me $200. and I'll be able to use them the rest of my life! It's wonderful.

Posts: 2 | Location: Southern Cal | Registered: September 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
I ONLY drink coffee and teas with a straw; wait till its cold, put the straw close to your throat and gulp it down so it doesn't touch your teeth. I don't drink hot coffee/tea but lukewarm or even cold so it's safe.

Personally I sort of like the blindingly white teeth look, not the "natural" white teeth from just Sonicare and a few white strips but really white teeth. I just like it Smiler

posted Hide Post
use baking powder for whitening your teeth. But it gradually erodes the enamel. I have heard this but not sure

Posts: 1 | Location: Australia | Registered: January 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Living Social is having a deal that expires early morning tomorrow. Only $95 for an in-office laser whitening plus a take home kit. It's in Orange County (either Costa Mesa or Aliso Viejo) but the typical cost is about $450 so you're still saving a lot. Here is the link:

http://t.livingsocial.com/deal...mail-jp&rpi=49666936

And as a side note, Crest White Strips did a number on my enamel last year. I had to start using a fluoride rinse to restrengthen my teeth :-/

Posts: 1 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: April 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kvepalai
posted Hide Post
Do not overdose by doing it. It can damage your tooth enamel. Now I have a lot of problems with my teeth.

kvepalai

Posts: 1 | Location: Lithuania | Registered: April 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
Picture of It'sRainingGlitter!
posted Hide Post
Yeah I heard that the at home baking soda type remedies, should only be done seldom. I
m researching a little, and I think I
m going to do one once or twice to get a whiter level, and then just be more obsessive about upkeep afterwords. I thrive on coffee so that's the difficult part for me hah

"It's almost more fun that way, when you've got something to prove" -Taylor Swift

Posts: 29 | Location: Spokane | Registered: May 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Update: I just got the custom trays from the dentist! I highly recommend them over the buy it yourself kind because the formula they use can be customized for the level your teeth can handle/is needed. My dentist just made the trays in office and sent me home with instructions. I had to take a few days off due to sensitivity, but they said that was alright. I've only done two nights so far and I hadn't noticed much, but then my family went on a day trip, and I could tell really well in photos!

"It's almost more fun that way, when you've got something to prove" -Taylor Swift

Posts: 29 | Location: Spokane | Registered: May 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
^also, to add to my last thing, my dentist (I don't know, maybe I'm lucky but you could ask), gives his patients the first set of trays and the formula for free. I'm just trying to get my teeth to their whitest so I can match a couple of front fillings I need afterwords.

posted Hide Post
Crest white strips are great! My dentist said not to drink or eat anything that can stain like coffee or berries while using them though... A week without coffee, AH Red Face

Posts: 1 | Location: NYC | Registered: July 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
I was just wondering if anybody has ever tried this product?

http://www.hsn.com/beauty/glo-...O_Science_Storefront

It boasts that it is great for sensitive teeth and that it sticks to your teeth instead of being runny. I'm getting it for christmas so I will review it, but I was wondering if anybody has heard either positive or negative things about it?

Posts: 5 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: October 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post