home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  The Craft  Hop To Forums  Health and Fitness    Teeth Whiteners
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Teeth Whiteners Login/Join

Kevin Bacon
Picture of amourvie
posted
I don't know if this is the right place to put this question...but I hope it is.

Has anyone ever used teeth whiteners? Do they actually work? And which ones have you used?

Thanks!

In my own little world.

Posts: 11 | Location: NY/NJ | Registered: March 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
I use whiteners and they work great.
You don't have to get those expensive kind, they all do the same thing!
I use equate brand white strips.
$20 at walmart!
Hope I Helped!

Posts: 2 | Location: ny | Registered: February 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
Picture of amourvie
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I was wondering about that. But now that I know those work, I'll use it.

Thank you!

In my own little world.

Posts: 11 | Location: NY/NJ | Registered: March 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Anthony Hopkins
posted Hide Post
if your teeth are made of fillings or white filler it will not work on that

Posts: 196 | Location: ny | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
Picture of amourvie
posted Hide Post
Well, my dentist told me my teeth were perfect. They just aren't white and his cleanings do nothing for me.

I'm going to go out and get the equate ones this weekend.

In my own little world.

Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
Crest White Strips work well. Also, we use Crest extra whitening toothpaste and it seems to prelong the time needed inbetween using the whitening strips.

Chris (Brian's mom)

Posts: 49 | Location: Northeast | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Julia Roberts
Picture of miss stone
posted Hide Post
Whitestrips are great BUT you MUST do the following for maximum results. Teeth are extremely porous during the process and for about two weeks after SO if you consume dark liquids i.e. red wine, tea, coffee, red sauces on food- the strips simply will not work well. Use a straw if you like or do what I do which is pour my coffee into a sports bottle so I can pour it in my mouth PAST my front teeth. WOW what a difference as opposed to when I bleached them and didn't do any of that. Trust me- you will love me for this advice if you follow these directions! Lovely white teeth make you feel sexier and feel like an actor!!!

Posts: 1104 | Location: the universe | Registered: June 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
I’ve used the Crest white strips before and had good effects. I think I’m going to do it again soon actually. If you’re a coffee drinker you kind of have to do it every year because the yellow comes back eventually.

I trim the white strips a little bit to make them smaller and thinner so they aren’t pressing on to my gums.

Posts: 124 | Location: NYC | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
The AquaFresh trays work fantastic

Chris (Brian's mom)

Posts: 49 | Location: Northeast | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
I've used Crest white strips and I think the main problem with them is that they move around a lot on your teeth. Plus you end up swallowing a ton of the liquid from them because of this.

I found Target brand whitening wraps, and they work a lot better, IMO. It's the same chemicals, but the strips are made out of a wax and actually stay in place, which means the chemicals stay on your teeth more and are swallowed less. I would recommend those any day over the Crest ones. They're also a lot cheaper.

=================

It's better to regret what you've done than what you haven't.

Posts: 87 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
Picture of n.a.t.a.l.i.a.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBActors:
Every dentist I've been to told me not to use the STRIPS, they said they are very bad for your gums.

The best are fitted trays, which can you buy from drug stores. The chemicals in those $15 kits are the same chemicals as what dentists charge you several hundred dollars for.

- Jason Bennett

Use Crest White Strips! My dentist sells the more advanced kind right in his office. He told me that these will not harm your teeth. He's not a joke either--he's got great credentials.

"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars..."

Posts: 26 | Location: NJ | Registered: May 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glenn Close
Picture of Lonni Delane
posted Hide Post
I don't think it has been stressed enough, BE CAREFUL! I heard about someone who was obsessive about teeth whitening and was constantly using the DIY at home strips and such until it damaged her enamel. Teeth are porous, as mentioned, and these chemicals are not beneficial to the health of your mouth.

I personally prefer finding long term solutions instead of quick fixes. Invest the time in caring for your teeth. Sonicare toothbrushes are fabulous. Flossing is a must. Rinse with Crest Pro Health every night.

Posts: 442 | Location: Philadelphia | Registered: September 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
Picture of Ramblewoods
posted Hide Post
To maximize the results/success of teeth whiteners, do you need to cut out all teas, including green tea, or just the dark ones like ear grey? I only drink the lighter ones, so I thought that would be ok, but I wanted to double check after some of the previous posts!

Posts: 65 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: July 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use Listerine Mouthwash with tooth whitening. It doesn't make it snow white, but who wants that? Big Grin

Just use it regularly & you'll see results. You'll get the benefit of killing germs as well.

Posts: 1 | Location: US | Registered: July 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
Picture of ThrillSeeker
posted Hide Post
I've had good results with Crest 3D Pro Effects. They don't slide around and whiten very well.

As long as you don't go through more than 2 sets per year you will be fine.

Posts: 8 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: May 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post