home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  The Craft  Hop To Forums  Health and Fitness    Rapid hairloss
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rapid hairloss Login/Join

Morgan Freeman
posted
Anyone with knowledge or experience, advise please!

I'm a 22 year old male, and I went from having a massive amount of hair (one thing that people always noticed about me is that I had A LOT of hair, and you couldn't pull even one out) to nearly being bald in a 1 year time. Is that normal for male pattern baldness or is there something wrong with me that might be fixed? I checked my thyroid and it was ok.

I've been pushing this "pursuing acting" for a long time, and lately just hoping that the hair will grow back. Now, I think I'll give it 6 more months, and if I'll go balder, I will definitely give up on this. I've already have too many disadvantages in the industry, and this one just completely closes the door.

Any tips really appreciated!

Posts: 166 | Location: LA | Registered: August 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
Picture of TRENT
posted Hide Post
When I was 18 (right before college) I started to lose a lot of hair also. Anytime I would take a shower, or run my hands through my hair a bunch would fall out. This lasted maybe 2 months, and I started to freak out because my hair started to look thinner. Eventually it stopped and my hair grew back to how it was before. Except it was less curly. You should see a general doctor just to make sure nothing is wrong though.

Posts: 3 | Location: CA | Registered: November 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a 24 year old male and have the same issue. I had a lot of hair but now it seems to be less. I was also quite sick and stressed for the past six months. My holistic doctor suggested Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. You can get "Nature's Way" brand on Amazon for under $10 and it works really well. Also, as with any issue, diet, exercise, and stress reduction are key.

Posts: 1 | Location: Los Angeles, California | Registered: November 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
See a proper doctor first and get some blood samples taken.

Posts: 190 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: August 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
What treatment did you get? I did consult with a doctor, she said if it's pattern baldness just live with it, that's it.

Posts: 166 | Location: LA | Registered: August 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Denzel Washington
Picture of SammieD
posted Hide Post
i would then get a second opinion if you received a response like that from a doctor

Posts: 31 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: May 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
eithwer classic male pattern baldness
or exceptional amount of stress in your life

Posts: 14 | Location: new york city | Registered: October 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rapid hairloss

DHT is one of the main reason behind the sudden hair losses.

Posts: 1 | Location: Jacksonville | Registered: January 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
definately a lotta hair to lose in 1 year

whats going on?

too much stress?
straightning hair etc?

go see a dr.

Posts: 14 | Location: new york city | Registered: October 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
Picture of Natural-Gift
posted Hide Post
I think everyone here is wrong , i think that if you are meant to go bald then that is your destiny. And many bald actor's make it to hollywood in fact some consider bald men more masculine for a role. The moral of my story is Look's should never stop your dream this is your life not anyone else.

Posts: 17 | Location: Sydney ,New South Wales | Registered: March 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nate18
posted Hide Post
I am with Natural-Gift. Best thing you could do would be to embrace it and re-adjust your relationship to how you feel about the hair loss. Having hair or not doesn't effect your ability to personally relate to the text and communicate those thoughts and feelings to another actor and by proxy, the audience.

That being said if you are adamant on trying something, you could try Latisse. I know people who have used it off label with really good results. If that's too expensive you could order the generic bitmaprost .02% solution and get it off the internet.

But I say, bic it and embrace it!!

Posts: 12 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: October 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vitamins A, C, and E help promote hair and nail health.

---------------
Nutrition Program

Posts: 5 | Location: United States | Registered: December 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post