home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  The Craft  Hop To Forums  Health and Fitness    More of a mental health question...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More of a mental health question... Login/Join

Johnny Depp
Picture of ManInTheMirror
posted Hide Post
I use medical cannibus.

"The Truth Shall Set You Free"

Posts: 1 | Location: Woodland Hills | Registered: April 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
Picture of Amelia
posted Hide Post
For starters branch out so you DO have someone to turn to. Weather that be finding a friend in an acting class or going to church and finding one there....Everyone needs that kind of support in thier life. I personally make sure that I have other things going on in my life other than acting so I feel fullfilled and help others cuz' at the end of the day your career is always gonna' be that big question mark.

Posts: 2 | Location: The City of Angels | Registered: February 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
Picture of jjhly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Melissa B:
Xanax Wink

LOL LOL LOL

Amen Cool

Posts: 2 | Location: N.J. | Registered: February 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
Picture of James W.
posted Hide Post
I sing. Great way to belly breathe also you can put alot of feeling into a song. It is a very visceral art form but that feeling in your core whatever it maybe can be let out and given a voice through sound. Works all the time for me. I've ended in tears, been belting so loud it was more melodic yelling than anything. (please be kind to your vocal chords though and don't try to push yourself too hard)

Posts: 1 | Location: Cali Love | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can be hard but you have to allow your career to be "part" of the puzzle. NOT the thing that holds it all together. I've heard even established actors say that making the career your sole source of identity will literally make you go nuts. Besides the fact that a career is made of peaks and valleys no matter where you are. I think your life should be part friends/family/relationships,career, pleasure, self,Spiritual/Intellectual growth and health. Are you meeting all those needs?

Posts: 2 | Location: New York | Registered: September 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
I hate to sound like a broken record but Bikram yoga really helps to relieve stress and anxiety. Plus it even relieves body aches, any muscle pain you may have, carpal tunnel syndrome. It's really healing for your health. Look on yelp for a bikram studio near you and try it out. They usually have cheap introduction passes.

It is a lot of work though and you will sweat hard; it's torture pretty much. 90 minutes in a 105 degree room. However, nothing in life comes easy and you will feel great afterwards. All your stress will be gone guaranteed.

Make sure you do Bikram, not hot yoga; it's not the same. Drink a crap load of water beforehand. It will change your life.

If you are a tough guy that thinks you are in shape cause you lift weights and do cardio try bikram. Let's see how tough you really are Smiler

Posts: 103 | Location: LA | Registered: June 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
Picture of Toyin
posted Hide Post
Prayer, forums, pets, google search about the mental problem and learn to solve it. it's good to develop a support system. It's not good to be a loner forever Frowner find people who are most like your self for support. lost of love and hugs will come out of it.

Posts: 15 | Location: New York | Registered: September 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I lift weights/run daily and also train Muay Thai. Both keep me in shape and also are great stress relievers.

Posts: 1 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: March 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure if this helps but give it a try. I did this once before I played guitar in front of like 100 people. I was kid then, and my teacher told us to do this:
Close you eyes. Feel your feet. Literally feel it. You might feel some kind of tingling or something. Anyway, now your legs. Feel them, and keep "feeling" them for like 10 seconds. One leg after another. Now same with belly/stomach then chest, and then back. Then neck and then head. Feel every part of your body for at least 10 seconds, and breath deep while doing it. Try it once before you have a performance or something, you can also start with head and finish with legs, do how it fits you the best.

Posts: 1 | Location: Croatia | Registered: June 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
Try practicing Self surrender dont fight it just let go. Realize that your control in this world is very little.Only thing you have control over is the moment that's the way i deal .the stress comes from trying to control your world .Or outcomes in your world let go of all control .Just go with the flow of life do what you can do in the moment .

Posts: 87 | Location: Boston | Registered: March 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is depression also a mental disease? Give me short details about it. how to fight depression

Posts: 1 | Location: 140 49th St SE, Washington, DC 20019 | Registered: December 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
everypne gets depressed its normal. If your experiencing extreme lows than you be in need of help.If its regular depression do some exercise you'll snap out of it

Posts: 87 | Location: Boston | Registered: March 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Get your heart rate up! Dance for five minutes, run in place, anything you can. It gets me out of the worst depressions. I started going to the gym regularly, changed my diet, and was able to get off of anti-depressants I was on for ten years.

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

Posts: 5 | Location: New York | Registered: August 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me, it's just finding a hobby that I love to do and doing it! I love to go to the movies, out to eat, etc. Also spending time with family, friends and pets really helps.

entertainment web designer

Posts: 1 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: August 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post