home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  The Craft  Hop To Forums  Health and Fitness    Looking Younger
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking Younger Login/Join

Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
Mary, when I'm sad there is no point in putting on a false smile. Whatever emotion is felt, should be allowed to express itself. It's a good release for physical and emotional tension. Should I really put on a smile that would make my face look like a stiff puppet?

A healthy body is nourished by a healthy diet. I highly doubt that people weighing 400lbs have a good rapport with their bodies.

I agree with some of your sentiments, Mary. But the way you express yourself has me picturing a lady standing in the middle of the street and yelling to the world, arms spread wide and an almost manic facial expression.

Posts: 282 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: August 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
Picture of Toyin
posted Hide Post
Face Yoga is great method to work out the muscles on your face and to look younger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...-0NY&feature=related

Posts: 23 | Location: New York | Registered: September 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
Picture of Blithesome_Muse
posted Hide Post
Oooh, so many good points on this thread!

Have noticed that if you are 18 wanting to look 15 (think that was the original poster's intended question?) is that less is more in general, especially with make-up.

For the way the thread went elsewhere, other thoughts came to people's minds-

The thing about well being, where ever one finds it, making you look younger, is true and documented; worrying and stress ages people, and proper nutrition and rest is how the body operates to it's maximum capacity, allowing uninhibited cell regeneration and repair.

About smiling (this is cool) several things:
1) It tightens facial muscles, thereby removing or reducing sagging, which shows aging; 2) Smiling is associated with energy, which is associated with youth; and 3) Regardless of how you feel initially, the act of smiling has a reciprocal effect, making others respond in kind, when you see someone smiling at you, usually you feel good. When you feel good, tension is released, increasing your well being, which makes you look better. Nice circle, huh! Think about it, if you leave your apartment and the first person you see smiles at you and says "good morning" as they pass, how do you feel compared to passing a person arguing, grunting, complaining, etc? Brings real meaning to "you get what you give!" It won't work on everyone, but think you will see a difference if you try it. (Smiling that is, not grunting, lol.)

Posts: 14 | Location: New York | Registered: July 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everyone wants smooth and wrinkle free skin but it is not possible with everyone. Today several wrinkle creams are available in the market that is responsible to diminish all the wrinkle problems. There are various products are available in the market that helps to reduce wrinkles and get healthy skin. But only few of them play an important role to diminish wrinkles. Most of the anti-wrinkle creams contain several natural ingredients that are responsible to reduce wrinkles. Take a glance on the skinlastin reviews to get all your answers.

Posts: 1 | Location: USA | Registered: March 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Growth Horomone
should do the trick
consult your physician

Posts: 25 | Location: new york city | Registered: October 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are a few lesser known ways that people can be perceived as being younger:

- Improve your posture
- Work on your flexibility
- Walk at a faster pace

I know these sound weird, but it was some psychological thing I read a little while back.

---------------------------------------------
My Blog:

http://www.ActorSkill.com

Posts: 12 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: July 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
hgh
human growth horomone,
that does the job at a well done status...

Posts: 25 | Location: new york city | Registered: October 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post