home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  The Craft  Hop To Forums  Health and Fitness    Looking Younger
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking Younger Login/Join

posted
Does anyone have any tips on how to look younger in appearance?

Posts: 1 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Different things work for different people.

ex: I look younger when I straighten my hair, or pull it back, but the same thing makes my friend look older.

I think part of the trick is not trying to look way younger than your age... like those 40 year old moms that dress like their 13 year olds. Makes you look older, and just kinda sad...

Experiment with different colors, hair styles, make-up. Ask a friend for their opinion on what works and doesn't.

Posts: 14 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: March 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's good, I think this is awesome to look younger in the late age.

Posts: 1 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: March 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
Picture of GG.BURNS
posted Hide Post
What about looking younger if you're 18TPY? Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to wear/how to do your makeup if you're reading for say, a 15 year old?

Posts: 5 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: December 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
With all of the makeover shows on television, new anti-aging cosmetics, and general obsession with staying young looking, its no surprise that people are willing to spend small fortunes on products and procedures to look and feel younger. But you don’t have to break the bank to look and feel your best. Here are ten easy and inexpensive ways to take years off of your appearance and keep it that way.

Keep those pearly whites white! You can use over the counter tooth whiteners which have become very popular (such as Crest Whitestrips Premium), or have your dentist help you out with professional grade options. Either way, everyone likes a brilliant smile.

If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a hundred times, moisturize! Dry skin looks dull and lackluster. So not only do you want to use a moisturizer on your face (including an eye cream) but also on your hands and body. And since your hands especially get a lot of abuse, and can show age almost more than your face, keep some hand cream handy at your desk or by the sink. There are plenty of great moisturizes for men out there but I have My Favorite Face Moisturizers for Men.

Always use sunscreen! We all know that the sun is the single most damaging thing to your skin, so make sure to protect yourself. I have compiled a list of Face Moisturizers for Men with SPF as well as My Favorite Sunscreens and Sunblocks for Men.

Maintain your brows! Be sure to keep your brows neat and trimmed, especially between the eyes! The uni-brow isn’t something to be proud of.

Say no to facial hair! Some folks like their beards and goatees and that okay, but if you want to look younger, shave it off since facial hair ages you. Here are 7 Tips for Getting the Best Shaving Results.

Nose and ear hair? Not! It’s an unfortunate reality for men as they age, but hair starts popping out from unwanted places, so you will want to keep that nose and ear hair in check. You can pick up an ear and nose hair trimmer at your local drug store among other places. They are simple and easy to use.

Wear color! Especially wear color that complements your skin and eye color. Check out my article 7 Tips Men Need to Know About Wearing Color.

Manage those dark circles under your eyes! There are products out there such as Hylexin by Bremmen Research Labs that can help alleviate this problem, especially if it is chronic or hereditary. It is also proven that you can combat dark circles by getting a good night’s sleep and eating well. And if you still need help, try an under-eye concealer for men. Yes, they do exist.

Lose the glasses! Contact lenses will help you go from studious to stunning!

Hit the gym or take a walk! Even if it is just to walk on the treadmill, exercise will help you maintain good posture, alleviate stress (which causes wrinkles), and increase blood flow (which keeps your whole body well oxygenated), not to mention that it keeps you fit!

Posts: 25 | Location: new york city | Registered: October 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
what works for me doesnt necessarily mean it will work for you or someone else

what makes me look younger?
good moisturizing cream

Posts: 25 | Location: new york city | Registered: October 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Angelique Johns:
quote:
Originally posted by LJLW:
Does anyone have any tips on how to look younger in appearance?

Few effective tips to look younger are:
1. Moisturize Your Face, Neck & Hands Every Day.
2. Drink a Ton of Water
3. Wear a Young Smelling Fragrance.
4. Whiten Your Teeth.
5. Wear V-neck Shirts and Sweaters.
6. Stay Away From Sugar.
7. Fit Exercise/Yoga Into Your Schedule Every Day.
8. Get sufficient sleep everyday.
9. Have a Positive Attitude and a smile on your face.

Great tips! I'm so bad at not drinking enough water...trying to fix that!!

Posts: 62 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: March 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really nice tips TorontoActress. Thank you! :-)

Posts: 1 | Location: Poland | Registered: January 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
The only thing scientifically proven item that reduces wrinkles is retin-a. Most moisturizers are a waste of time of money; everyone is using oils now such as argan oil, emu oil etc.

Another item that has been scientifically proven to minimize FUTURE aging is Skinceuticals CE Ferulic serum when used in conjunction with a sunscreen high in not just SPF but also PPD. High in SPF is not enough to protect your from UVA rays (which are the ones that cause aging). You also not one that is high in PPD. PPD is not printed on the bottle so you need to do research. A few products with high PPD include La Roche Posay Anthelios SX and some of the Neutrogena ones. The Skinceuticals CE Ferulic makes the sunscreen like 8x more effective and it is the sun that mainly causes wrinkles.

If you have sagging skin then look into facial exercises that can lift and tone the face (just google for it). Plus as a last resort you can always botox or use fillers such as juvederm for nasolabial lines.

Posts: 101 | Location: LA | Registered: June 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
Have confidence in yourself. Try to breathe and not let stress and worry get to you. Work out and have fun. Eat the foods you body wants.

And my fave one because I know it works. Studying the Bible and finding the right Bible teacher who teaches you get understanding the blessings Jesus has given us. Because that is FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH there. You will feel good and that shows.

Its all about how you feel about yourself. And don't make yourself worry about it. That is a tool of the devil who is driving you down. Think on it.

God Loves us all! He created everything that is not the same. All that he created is GOOD and we are pleasing to his eyes. He loves you more than anyone. He is there for you. He is ALWAYS there for you. Jesus is there if you tell him to beat the devil away from making you have doubts.

I don't care if people hate me for saying this. if so go on. I carry my cross too and take the burden of being hated because I love my Savior and love my Heavenly Father.

-----

The Disciple that Jesus loves! (ME!)
----
Your closer to your success than you think!
----
www.imdb.me/marytennant
www.mary-tennant.com

Posts: 123 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: December 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
Love yourself. Laugh at life. Less stress. Enjoy everything and have fun.

If you feel it they see it and they buy it.

My real secret is studying the Bible and enjoy the right churches. Because the last thing you want is to go sensitive and studying my Bible helps me to keep me happy who I am and accept EVERYTHING in my life and not to worry.

Plus you build confidence because everything I do I have complete control. Believe God loves you and he is with 24/7 and he created you to be an actor. He believes and supports you on EVERYTHING you do. He is PLEASED with you!

-----

----
----
www.imdb.me/marytennant
www.mary-tennant.com

Posts: 123 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: December 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
What is true for you may not be truth for this person, Mary.

Posts: 277 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: August 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MaryTennant:
Love yourself. Laugh at life. Less stress. Enjoy everything and have fun.

If you feel it they see it and they buy it.

My real secret is studying the Bible and enjoy the right churches. Because the last thing you want is to go sensitive and studying my Bible helps me to keep me happy who I am and accept EVERYTHING in my life and not to worry.

Plus you build confidence because everything I do I have complete control. Believe God loves you and he is with 24/7 and he created you to be an actor. He believes and supports you on EVERYTHING you do. He is PLEASED with you!

Agree with Yonie; what works for you Mary may not work for the poster. It certainly doesn't work for me... I'm an atheist. Reading the bible ain't gonna make me look any younger...

Posts: 101 | Location: LA | Registered: June 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
Also, it may be a bit inappropriate to patronize about religion on here; this is not the right platform for that. Some of us are not religious and others may be atheist. We don't need to be preached at about the bible at every turn.

Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
Okay. LAUGHING is the medicine to ALL Happiness and youth.

What does laughter do? Sends chemicals that makes you feel good. This is GOOD for the body. It kills off the stress.

When your sad. Smile. How do you feel when you smile. It feels good!

Yell I am happy!

Happiness is the cup to that FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH!

Have FAITH in your own self.

There is the NON-Religion.

Taking the knife is not the way to youth! Eating diets is not the way either. LISTEN to your body! Your body tells what you need! It does not lie!

-----

----
----
www.imdb.me/marytennant
www.mary-tennant.com