New
Find
Notify
Tools

Insanity! Login/Join

Sean Penn
Picture of It'sRainingGlitter!
posted
Has anyone here tried the Insanity fitness program? My friend started it up, and I only know she said she threw up the first time lol.
I really want to try it, but I have asthma and it makes high intensity workouts like that a real torture for me.

"It's almost more fun that way, when you've got something to prove" -Taylor Swift

Posts: 30 | Location: Spokane | Registered: May 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
I have been doing P90X and it is killer but worth it. If you need to tone up, it's great. If weight loss is needed then cardio is the way to go.

Posts: 3 | Location: USA | Registered: August 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Marlon Brando
Picture of TRUTHTELLER59
posted Hide Post
There already is a topic on the Beachbody workout programs

http://bbs.backstage.com/eve/f...f/842105/m/287100882

Posts: 2128 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hilary Swank
posted Hide Post
I'm going to respond to this thread, because this thread specifically brings up asthma.

I have mild asthma and am doing the Insanity workouts right now. The only time I ever take my inhaler is right before I work out.

Month one of Insanity was hard, but I could do it. My asthma didn't pose a problem to me at all during those work-outs and I still worked up a good sweat. Mind you, I had been working out regularly for around a year or so before starting Insanity.

I started month two about three weeks ago (I started over once because I got sick and didn't work out for 4 days near the start) and it's killer. I just finished week one of month two for the second time and it's rough. I can't finish a workout yet (I have to stop about 10 minutes from the end) and my asthma has started to pose a mild problem.

Still, I'm seeing better results than I ever did weight training. Also, my wife is doing Insanity as well and she looks smokin' Wink I really recommend Insanity.

*edit*
The other thing tough about month 2 is the workouts are longer and they're harder to fit into my busy day.

“Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.” - Bruce Lee

Posts: 107 | Location: Burbank, CA | Registered: January 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
Picture of It'sRainingGlitter!
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

"It's almost more fun that way, when you've got something to prove" -Taylor Swift

Posts: 30 | Location: Spokane | Registered: May 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I have to say thanks to you, I was wandering here and there in google, but being here is excellent destiny for me. I have bookmark this page and after work I read interesting things to update myself and to refresh my mind. I Would expect new posts from you.

Posts: 4 | Location: lahore pakistan | Registered: June 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
Picture of Joey
posted Hide Post
Hey,

Im not too sure on the insanity workout I have been wanting to try it myself. What I have asked fitness trainers about it is would it be great or is it just a TV workout program.
the majority have said they do not know usually the workout dvd's have already fit and those have workout. Their main concern was proper form, unless they teach proper form or show it it would not be good. In the end you could be hurting yourself, also if you have never really worked out and are trying it for the first time you don't know your limits and could very much be hurting yourself.
Its best to go to a gym get a trainer and see what they say about your body type and what workouts are best for you. Then if you would like to surpass your work at the gym do the insanity workout.
Learn the basics from the professionals before you attempt an insane workout.

All the best,

Joey
Studio Manager @ Bjorn Photography
Actors Headshots | Cinematography

Posts: 52 | Location: LA | UK | AU | Registered: April 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Marlon Brando
Picture of TRUTHTELLER59
posted Hide Post
Shaun T of Insanity emphasizes proper form when doing the exercises.

Posts: 2128 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hilary Swank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRUTHTELLER59:
Shaun T of Insanity emphasizes proper form when doing the exercises.

Yeah, he makes corrections to the crew that work out with him and constantly emphasizes proper form.

It gets kind of humorous after you've been doing the work out for a while and the same correction comes up 1-2 times a week.

"Close that back leg.......... JOSH!"

“Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.” - Bruce Lee

Posts: 107 | Location: Burbank, CA | Registered: January 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Marlon Brando
Picture of TRUTHTELLER59
posted Hide Post
One of the bet ways to lose weight is through interval training. Insanity is the best Interval Training DVD set.

You can get it for FREE on Pirate Bay.

Also, if you don't have an hour in your day, then get Shaun T's T25. It's kind of the 25 minute version of Insanity.