home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  The Craft  Hop To Forums  Health and Fitness    Sunscreen (facial)!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sunscreen (facial)! Login/Join

Morgan Freeman
posted
Hi,

I'm coming to LA from a rainy country with very little sun during a year.

I hear that an actor cannot have a tan, therefore, we need to use sunscreen on a daily basis every time we go out the door. I've never used a facial sunscreen in my life.

What is the best facial and moisturizing sunscreen for an oily/mixed acne-prone skin? I'm sure I can't use the oily sunscreen.

Never thought that it might, but it got me worried.

Thank you!

Posts: 97 | Location: LA | Registered: August 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
Everyone's skin is different so you will probably have to try a few different ones to find one that won't break you out. My personal favorite is L'oreal Sublime Sun SPF 50. I never tan with it and it doesn't break me out. La Roche Posay is also great, but it's more expensive and can leave stains on light clothing. I am not oily, but I have very sensitive skin that breaks out easily.

You should also get a good vitamin C serum. You can make your own if you are so inclined or get them online. They help your skin recover from any damage from sun or pollution.

Make sure you are washing properly morning and night with a gentle cleanser, even the gentlest best sunscreen can cause breakouts if you don't keep your skin clean.

Posts: 5 | Location: Boston | Registered: December 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
laroche-posay
they are not expensive and very top of the line...
youll love it.

Posts: 11 | Location: new york city | Registered: October 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
Try the least expensive products first: CVS pharmacy has brands with 45 spf, with physical suncreens, i.e. titanium dioxide and zinc oxide, as chief ingredients. I use it all the time, no breakouts.

Not only will it keep you from looking tan, it offers the best protection against skin cancer, wrinkling, and skin discoloration down the line.

Posts: 51 | Location: new england | Registered: January 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have sensitive acne prone skin and Neutrogenas sunscreen seems to be the best for me personally.

Posts: 3 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: July 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Kiehl's Since 1851 Ultra Facial Moisturizer SPF 15
Details
Unique, lightweight formulation is readily absorbed into the skin and affords protection from the sun's burning and often harmful rays. Light yet effective lotion leaves no greasy or sticky residue.
Provides broad-spectrum UV-ray protection.
Not tested on animals.
By Kiehl's Since 1851.

Posts: 11 | Location: new york city | Registered: October 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think because of oily skin you need oxygen facial one in a month.Also try to drink more water and fruit juices. Read more...

Posts: 1 | Location: 1404 S Duff Ave,Ames,IA,50010 | Registered: March 13, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
wear sunscreen spf 15 so you will not burn but still get color../...