home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  The Craft  Hop To Forums  Health and Fitness    Getting in extra good shape for roles?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Getting in extra good shape for roles? Login/Join

Johnny Depp
posted
I have a couple roles coming up where I'm in bathing suits or underwear in a few scenes and am getting self-conscious so I'm wondering what you guys do to get a bit more tone, specifically on your butt and abs, prior to a role? I do some pilates and push ups but could probably do more.

Posts: 6 | Location: Boston | Registered: December 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Either go for a run or get a glow from spray tanning its a very light glow so you cant tell but they can define your body for you.

Posts: 3 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: July 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Abs - Diet, Diet, Diet.

Your diet is so important with abs. This doesn't mean that you don't need to work out. If you are trying to get bathing suit ready, you should have a strong workout routine with a strict diet program. Stay away from white breads and saturated fat. Get protein.

As for toning the butt: sumo squats, lunges, floor bridges, and stair climber for your cardio.

----------------------------------------------------
Extra Income for Actors

Posts: 13 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: July 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
Picture of Joey
posted Hide Post
You can do squats, running up a flight of stairs or do oblique exercises. The running up and down stairs would be the easiest.

Joey
Studio Manager @ Bjorn Photography
Actors Headshots | Cinematography

Posts: 25 | Location: LA | UK | AU | Registered: April 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cut out Dairy and see what it does.

I have gluten intolerance, so already didn't eat Wheat, Barley, rye, etc. Was already slim. Cut out dairy and lost 10 pounds in two weeks.

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

Posts: 1 | Location: New York | Registered: August 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hollywhite
posted Hide Post
I up my fruits, veggies, and protein, and run. Cut out as many carbs as you can (within healthy reason!) and dairy. I know it's hard - those are some of my fruit things. :-/

Posts: 14 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: October 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Depending on how long you have to prepare for the audition or starting the job, I'd actually recommend staying away from a plethora of fruits as they are loaded in sugar (yes it's fructose but still bad for the six pack) and other carbs. Most berries are okay but are usually more expensive. Try a carb cycle where you take a day or two off from carbs completely, then go back to having "good" carbs from green vegetables, sweet potatoes, some rice, etc (in moderation). Also, protein is your friend and moderate fats (except trans). Lift hard and run a few days per week and you should be okay.

I'm a licensed personal trainer and health coach with the American Council on Exercise.

Posts: 29 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: November 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
e

In my opinion the best way to stay fit and in shape is dancing. It not only rejuvenates you but also makes you stay fit and removing the fat from all those places where you wish they didn't exist. Hope it goes good for you too.

Posts: 9 | Location: Santa Ana | Registered: December 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post