home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  The Craft  Hop To Forums  Health and Fitness    Lose Weight Rapidly: The Resurrection
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lose Weight Rapidly: The Resurrection Login/Join

Hilary Swank
posted Hide Post
This may not be entirely related enough to warrant being posted here, but this thread kind of died and I wanted to get a wealth of opinions.

What music, if any, do you guys listen to when you work out? My current playlist is getting worn out and I'm looking for some more stuff to listen to. What do you guys listen to? Smiler

“Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.” - Bruce Lee

Posts: 57 | Location: Burbank, CA | Registered: January 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Denzel Washington
posted Hide Post
The Rocky soundtrack.

Posts: 44 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
In Flames, Scar Symmetry, Delain, Nightwish, Norther, Kamelot, and more.I also listen to a selection of podcasts, though that has a habit of distracting me.

Posts: 145 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: August 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hilary Swank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoobings:
This may not be entirely related enough to warrant being posted here, but this thread kind of died and I wanted to get a wealth of opinions.

What music, if any, do you guys listen to when you work out? My current playlist is getting worn out and I'm looking for some more stuff to listen to. What do you guys listen to? Smiler

Energetic songs with a high BPM.... Club music that pumps you up. My favorite artist to work out to is Britney Spears though. Makes you feel sexy and want to look sexy.

This is my ultimate work out playlist

Christina Aguilera - Not Myself Tonight
Britney Spaers - Till The World Ends
Britney Spears - Break The Ice
Britney Spears - Everybody
Britney Spears - Get Back
LMFAO - I'm Sexy And I Know It
Nicole Scherzinger - Killer Love
Nicole Scherzinger - Wet
Britney Spears - I Wanna Go
Rihanna - Love In a Hopeless Place
Nicki Minaj - Starships
Nicki Minaj - Turn Me On
Lady Gaga - Judas
Snopp Dog - Sweat (David Guetta Remix)
Britney Spears - I Wanna Go
Enrique Iglesias - Tonight I'm F*cking You
Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me
Jlo - Get On The Floor
Britney Spears - Drop It
Britney Spears - 3
Usher - More
Lady Gaga - Monster
Lady Gaga - Dance In The Dark
Kelly Clarkson - Stronger

Also 80's songs like

Jon Bon Jovi - Living On a Prayer
Jon Bon Jovi - Its My Life
George Michael - I Want Your Sex
Taylor Dayne - Tell It To My Heart
New Kids On The Block- Right Stuff (90's not 80's)
Michael Jackson - Beat It
Madonna - Dress You Up

Posts: 98 | Location: LA | Registered: June 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Denzel Washington
posted Hide Post
I do have Beat It and Smooth Criminal on my list.

I actually have a pretty weird mix, there's some rap, so 80s, some R&B, pop, etc.

Posts: 44 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hilary Swank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Midwest2LA:
I do have Beat It and Smooth Criminal on my list.

I actually have a pretty weird mix, there's some rap, so 80s, some R&B, pop, etc.

Me too... I mainly prefer younger music when exercising though because it makes me "feel" younger and sexier and hip. When I work out listening to too much 80's music I start to feel older and it makes me depressed...

I'm actually in my thirties but I prefer current music like Britney etc; I'm just young at heart.

Posts: 98 | Location: LA | Registered: June 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jackie200:
Truthteller, I think you should really try out a class Barry's Bootcamp in West Hollywood or Sherman Oaks... not the DVD's but the actual work out in person. I think it will push you harder and you will work out harder than doing p90x or Insanity at home. Try to take one class and see how you like it. It may be a bit pricey but if you can afford it then you should try it. My hair is usually soaked in sweat when I'm done... In my opinion, it is a harder work out than doing p90x at home... There is always 30 min of cardio and 30 min of weights/resistance training.... You do lots of sprints and run uphill so you will burn LOTS of calories. You'll get in the right amount of cardio and resistance training for the best results.

The atmosphere is fun too; it's dark in there and they play loud music so it's like a nightclub except you are working out. It makes working out really fun and it's very high intensity... They really push you to do things that you generally wouldn't do by yourself like sprint on a level 8 incline or sprint at a level 10... Every class is different so you never plateau. It will shake up your current routine and I think you will see results fast.

http://www.barrysbootcamp.com/locations-pricing.html

I work out regularly now, like 4-5 times a week because I want to be toned; I think it looks sexier and hotter. I think it's gross to be "skinny flabby" now; yes, you can be skinny but have no muscle definition. Those small Asian girls who are petite but flabby look gross to me and I used to be one of them. It's not enough to be thin; to be truly sexy you need to be toned. That's my opinion anyways. Summer is coming soon so we all want to get toned and look hot!

I'm still trying to make time to enroll, but I downloaded the 5 day DVD program and did it all last week. It's a good workout. My shirt was always drenched with sweat. I'm afraid I might make people around me slip on the floor if I did the real thing.

I don't get the same feeling that I do after a Crossfit workout, maybe I will when I do the real thing.

The treadmill workouts are different for I never used my treadmill that way. I normally use my treadmill at walking speed when watching TV.

Posts: 1580 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hilary Swank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRUTHTELLER59:
quote:
Originally posted by Jackie200:
Truthteller, I think you should really try out a class Barry's Bootcamp in West Hollywood or Sherman Oaks... not the DVD's but the actual work out in person. I think it will push you harder and you will work out harder than doing p90x or Insanity at home. Try to take one class and see how you like it. It may be a bit pricey but if you can afford it then you should try it. My hair is usually soaked in sweat when I'm done... In my opinion, it is a harder work out than doing p90x at home... There is always 30 min of cardio and 30 min of weights/resistance training.... You do lots of sprints and run uphill so you will burn LOTS of calories. You'll get in the right amount of cardio and resistance training for the best results.

The atmosphere is fun too; it's dark in there and they play loud music so it's like a nightclub except you are working out. It makes working out really fun and it's very high intensity... They really push you to do things that you generally wouldn't do by yourself like sprint on a level 8 incline or sprint at a level 10... Every class is different so you never plateau. It will shake up your current routine and I think you will see results fast.

http://www.barrysbootcamp.com/locations-pricing.html

I work out regularly now, like 4-5 times a week because I want to be toned; I think it looks sexier and hotter. I think it's gross to be "skinny flabby" now; yes, you can be skinny but have no muscle definition. Those small Asian girls who are petite but flabby look gross to me and I used to be one of them. It's not enough to be thin; to be truly sexy you need to be toned. That's my opinion anyways. Summer is coming soon so we all want to get toned and look hot!

I'm still trying to make time to enroll, but I downloaded the 5 day DVD program and did it all last week. It's a good workout. My shirt was always drenched with sweat. I'm afraid I might make people around me slip on the floor if I did the real thing.

I don't get the same feeling that I do after a Crossfit workout, maybe I will when I do the real thing.

The treadmill workouts are different for I never used my treadmill that way. I normally use my treadmill at walking speed when watching TV.

Sounds good. I think class is probably a lot more intense.

You can bring a towel if you sweat... I always sweat so much that I can't even open my eyes.

posted Hide Post
Yeah I the treadmill exercises on the Barry's Bootcamp DVD set is done at 12 incline and there are backwards and lunging like you described. So if I only have time for cardio, I'll do those.

Posts: 1580 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hilary Swank
posted Hide Post
I also really like the Zuzana Light workouts and the best part is that they are free... She's the Bodyrock Tv girl and has her own channel now. Just follow along and do as many round as you can... so you may have to rewind and do more rounds... Lots of body resistance exercises like burpees and plyo. Mostly very intensity cardio; lots of jumping around etc

Example of workout http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...1XvJc&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...7ZYUo&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...qpoEE&feature=relmfu

Channel here http://www.youtube.com/user/ZuzkaLight

Weights workout http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...index=1&feature=plcp

Vids are updated weekly and she has a FB with updates etc

She used to do softcore adult stuff back in the day under aka Susana Spears...

Hilary Swank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yonie:
In Flames, Scar Symmetry, Delain, Nightwish, Norther, Kamelot, and more.I also listen to a selection of podcasts, though that has a habit of distracting me.

Oh yeah, I recognize some of those bands and yeah bands like Nightwish actually make a lot of sense for working out Big Grin Good idea.

“Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.” - Bruce Lee

Posts: 57 | Location: Burbank, CA | Registered: January 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRUTHTELLER59:
I'll start:

I've been doing the Paleo/Primal lifestyle for the past two months and feel awesome. No more relying on energy drinks and my fat percentage is probably the lowest it's ever been.

Paleo consists mainly of fish, grass-fed pasture raised meats, vegetables, fruit, roots, and nuts, and excludes grains, legumes, dairy products, salt, refined sugar, and processed oils.

I've been doing the Primal version of Paleo. The difference between Paleo and Primal is Primal allows saturated fat, cholesterol, salt as a spice, and some dairy. By eliminating carbs from agriculture like wheat, fat and cholesterol become my main energy source (Stock up on breath mints and Listerine!). I've upped my saturated fat and cholesterol intake and yet still have a much lower body fat percentage than before. So, it's not fat that makes you fat and have heart disease or strokes but sugar.

As far as learning more about this subject, I think Mark Sisson's book "The Primal Blue Print" is the best. He also has an informative web site: http://marksdailyapple.com

This is a basic example of what I do:

NO wheats or any kind of starch except for an occasional sweet potato after an intense workout.

Avoid sugar as much as possible

Avoid eating out as much as possible

Limit dairy to only cheese and fermented dairy like Greek yogurt

Breakfast:
-Regular egg omelette (3-4 eggs) with spinach, kale, cheese, cumin and salsa
-BACON!
-Yerba Matte or green Tea
-Grape fruit (optional)

Snack:
-Some kind of protein ie. Greek yogurt/cottage cheese with berries, macadamia nuts, protein shake, beef jerky (non 7-11 type)

Lunch:
-Salad with apple cider vinegar and olive oil (oil optional)
-MEAT! cooked by a Foreman grill

Snack:
-Some kind of protein ie. Greek yogurt/cottage cheese with berries, macadamia nuts, protein shake, beef jerky (non 7-11 type)

Dinner
-Salad with apple cider vinegar and olive oil (oil optional)
-MEAT! cooked by a Foreman grill

do you do crossfit?

Posts: 1 | Location: Hollywood | Registered: June 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hilary Swank
posted Hide Post
I'm into bodybuilding and bulking now. My goal is to add at least one inch to my butt (preferably 2-3 inches) (I'm obsessed with getting a bigger booty) and defined calves and thicker thighs. I don't want to lose weight but gain muscle. I'm under 100 lbs so I don't want to lose weight or fat but to add curves.

I'm lifting heavy now doing barbell squats, deadlifts and barbell hip thrusts... When I say heavy I mean I lift like a guy; over 100 lbs on the barbell hip thrusts and squatting as heavy as I can eventually squatting over 100 lbs with the olympic barbell. No more cardio for me since it may interfere with my gains... I don't work out for health but mainly aesthetics so right now the focus is on lifting and eating in surplus... so I can eat stuff like ice cream, burgers, since I am on a bulk and ok with dirty bulking. It's very hard for women to gain muscle so in order to see gains I am stuffing myself with food and eating way over 100 grams of protein a day.

Most women don't lift enough weight; messing around with 15 lbs dumbbells ain't gonna do jack... You need to go HEAVY. I was thinking about Crossfit but it has too much cardio stuff and my main goal is to get MUCH bigger in the booty and legs; not overall conditioning or functional strength. No more bootcamp for me; too much cardi and too much light weights. I like to lift heavy.

posted Hide Post
I think Crossfit can get you what you want. You still have portions in a class where you find your max weight for one rep and the max weight for multiple reps.

Or you can do what Ice Tea's wife, Coco, does-wear heels while doing back squats.

Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
If you want to build some volume, don't do CrossFit. It is not the optimal way.

Posts: 145 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: August 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post