home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  The Craft  Hop To Forums  Health and Fitness    Lose Weight Rapidly: The Resurrection
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lose Weight Rapidly: The Resurrection Login/Join

posted
I don't know why the original thread got closed, but if you have any tips to looking sexy in this industry, do share!

Posts: 1415 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll start:

I've been doing the Paleo/Primal lifestyle for the past two months and feel awesome. No more relying on energy drinks and my fat percentage is probably the lowest it's ever been.

Paleo consists mainly of fish, grass-fed pasture raised meats, vegetables, fruit, roots, and nuts, and excludes grains, legumes, dairy products, salt, refined sugar, and processed oils.

I've been doing the Primal version of Paleo. The difference between Paleo and Primal is Primal allows saturated fat, cholesterol, salt as a spice, and some dairy. By eliminating carbs from agriculture like wheat, fat and cholesterol become my main energy source (Stock up on breath mints and Listerine!). I've upped my saturated fat and cholesterol intake and yet still have a much lower body fat percentage than before. So, it's not fat that makes you fat and have heart disease or strokes but sugar.

As far as learning more about this subject, I think Mark Sisson's book "The Primal Blue Print" is the best. He also has an informative web site: http://marksdailyapple.com

This is a basic example of what I do:

NO wheats or any kind of starch except for an occasional sweet potato after an intense workout.

Avoid sugar as much as possible

Avoid eating out as much as possible

Limit dairy to only cheese and fermented dairy like Greek yogurt

Breakfast:
-Regular egg omelette (3-4 eggs) with spinach, kale, cheese, cumin and salsa
-BACON!
-Yerba Matte or green Tea
-Grape fruit (optional)

Snack:
-Some kind of protein ie. Greek yogurt/cottage cheese with berries, macadamia nuts, protein shake, beef jerky (non 7-11 type)

Lunch:
-Salad with apple cider vinegar and olive oil (oil optional)
-MEAT! cooked by a Foreman grill

Snack:
-Some kind of protein ie. Greek yogurt/cottage cheese with berries, macadamia nuts, protein shake, beef jerky (non 7-11 type)

Dinner
-Salad with apple cider vinegar and olive oil (oil optional)
-MEAT! cooked by a Foreman grill

Posts: 1415 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
If you are near Walt Disney and they are looking for house keepers. Work for them as one and you burn five pounds in a week.

-----

The Disciple that Jesus loves! (ME!)
----
Your closer to your success than you think!
----
www.imdb.me/marytennant
www.mary-tennant.com

Posts: 37 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: December 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MaryTennant:
If you are near Walt Disney and they are looking for house keepers. Work for them as one and you burn five pounds in a week.

This makes absolutely no sense. Walt Disney has been dead for years or maybe cryogenically frozen

Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
It was a joke.

And Diets to lose weigh is none sense. I always believe drink water and milk before you eat and eat half the portion you eat. Half the size the plate instead a big plate.

While people talking about losing weight I am trying to figure how to gain the three I lost and gain two on top. And I do eat all lot but fast metabolism.

-----

The Disciple that Jesus loves! (ME!)
----
Your closer to your success than you think!
----
www.imdb.me/marytennant
www.mary-tennant.com

Posts: 37 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: December 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paleo isn't a crash diet it's just a change in lifestyle.

I'm still against milk. You get calcium from leafy greens and protein from eating meat.

Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
Mary, the joke didn't make sense. Even after I had pondered it a bit.

Diets just aiming at losing weight is a bad idea, yes. It should be something that is added to a person's lifestyle, not a temporary fix. I still stand by 16/8 intermittent fasting, as Paleo never tickled my fancy. Guess I like carbohydrates too much Wink

Posts: 149 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: August 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What does the 16/8 represent? Paleo says fasting is alright.

Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
Ah. 16/8 means 16 hours of fasting and 8 hours of feeding. Works well for those that have a regular training schedule.

Posts: 149 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: August 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Denzel Washington
posted Hide Post
I've been curious about time off from eating. I mean, you obviously don't eat for 8 hours while you're asleep. Most people say don't eat after 8pm. So if you go to sleep at 11pm (up by 7am), you're automatically going 11 hours without eating right there. So to get the last five hours, you do what, only eat between 10am and 6pm?

Posts: 42 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hilary Swank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Midwest2LA:
I've been curious about time off from eating. I mean, you obviously don't eat for 8 hours while you're asleep. Most people say don't eat after 8pm. So if you go to sleep at 11pm (up by 7am), you're automatically going 11 hours without eating right there. So to get the last five hours, you do what, only eat between 10am and 6pm?

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. Although, I've heard you want to eat a little something when you first wake up to get your metabolism going so you would probably eat right away... and then stop eating 8 hours before you go to bed? What's the theory behind that?

“Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.” - Bruce Lee

Posts: 45 | Location: Burbank, CA | Registered: January 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You want to eat within 30-60 minutes of waking up to jump start your metabolism.

As your body gets tired, towards the end of the day, your metabolism slows down, hence why eating close to bed time isn't the best.

Hilary Swank
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I knew that you shouldn't eat within a couple hours of going to bed (I'm guilty of doing this in a big way) I was just wondering what the theory was behind stopping 8 hours before going to bed. Is there a reason that fasting is supposed to be good beyond just less calories?

The theory I've heard that makes the most sense to me is 5 portioned snacks/meals every 2-3 hours throughout the day.

“Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.” - Bruce Lee

Posts: 45 | Location: Burbank, CA | Registered: January 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glenn Close
posted Hide Post
Meal frequency doesn't affect weight loss, weight gain, or metabolism. The most important factor is that you can maintain a healthy lifestyle, without having to spend a lot of mental or physical energy on upkeep.

All this talk about starvation mode and "jump-starting" metabolism is usually gossip, rumours, and/or a type of sales pitch for products. The people that use intermittent fasting usually never have an early breakfast.

Hilary Swank
posted Hide Post
I used to do that... just because I hated breakfast though :P

I suspect you're right and the most important thing is just eating healthy and being active. That's why I'm not really sweating the structure of my diet so much.