New
Find
Notify
Tools

Headshot selection Login/Join

Johnny Depp
posted
narrowing down first

Posts: 47 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
posted Hide Post
People are usually pretty helpful on this forum, but you have got to narrow it down a little first - asking us to look at 454 photos is ridiculous.

Take out at least the ones you know you won't use - where your eyes are closed, or your expression is out of whack.

Get it down to about 50 and I'm sure you'll get some people to chime in! (Me included.)

Posts: 346 | Location: New York | Registered: June 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
yeah you right. Deleted.

Posts: 47 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hilary Swank
posted Hide Post
Wait, I wanted to see them.

ActorinLa.com

Posts: 243 | Location: Hollywood | Registered: March 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ActorinLA:
Wait, I wanted to see them.

Yeah, ok. Still having trouble narrowing them down. I have arranged them a bit though.

https://drive.google.com/folde...VU0ZxUm8&usp=sharing

Jack Nicholson
Picture of Joanna Brooks
posted Hide Post
Hi SWong,
It's hard to look at them this way but I think the reason you are having a hard time narrowing them down is because within each "look" there is very little variety. The pose and composition of the photo is almost identical.That said I am not a fan of the yellow background with your skin tone and I think the hoodie and blue tshirt are the most interesting. Try to post a few of the most variety of each of them in an easier way here and you will get more feedback.
Joanna
www.joannabrooks.com

Posts: 78 | Location: Sherman Oaks | Registered: May 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Al Pacino
Picture of DK Headshots NY/LA
posted Hide Post
I agree with Joanna. There isn't much variety and you should narrow it down a bit more before sharing...otherwise it is very hard for us to help.

And definitely get rid of the ones where your hand is awkwardly sticking into your head from out of the frame.

I would also have the color of the hoodie changed to be a navy blue instead of green. It would complement the blue tshirt better... I think the turquoise on blue is a little clash-y and distracting.

Here's a quick 10-second color swap I did. It's not perfect but you can see the difference I think.

--------------

Dennis Kwan
www.dkheadshots.com
2012 Backstage Readers Choice Awards #1 Favorite Photographer in NYC!

Posts: 231 | Location: NY/LA | Registered: June 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
I've gotten the opinion of a few people as well as picking out a few of my favorites as well. If people have any suggestions from the vastly narrowed down selection now I'd be grateful.

https://drive.google.com/folde...Am-hoRzBDMTlVU0ZxUm8