home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Show Business  Hop To Forums  Headshots, Reels and Resumes    Acting Resume Stupids
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Acting Resume Stupids Login/Join

Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRUTHTELLER59:
@Actorinla

Wtf? I'm definitely not that guy either! Cool, another decoy!

I never designed your resume and if I did, I certainly wouldn't lie about you being in major shows that you weren't really in.

And I totally DISAGREE with the person who made your resume.

@truthteller59. According to Actorinla, somebody made her lie on her resume???? How can anyone make someone lie?? Nobody did her G*ddamn resume but her!! She's psychotic for sure.

Posts: 82 | Location: Huntington Beach | Registered: July 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EGarcia05:
Now, I was told by two different agencies to take off my contact info and replace it with their contact info.. Should I have my contact info somewhere on the side like in the resume template?

What you were told is the norm. Actors who have representation, either by an agency and/or a manger, only list their reps on their resumes, as is usually requested by the reps. If your personal information is requested by a casting director, they will usually have you add it at the audition or have you fill out a personal info/contact card. Happens all the time. Just be sure not to add your ss#, unless you are filling out info for actual payment.

- MIB -
"If you can dream, you can do. Making it happen is up to you!"

Posts: 855 | Location: SoCal | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
Oh, and just for the record, the term Day Player was originally only used for day player roles on soap operas. Anyone who has used it for film was apparently misinformed.

- MIB -

Posts: 855 | Location: SoCal | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
Definition of Day Player as stated on this site:

http://double19productions.com/notes/Resume_Billing

Soap Opera Billing

Principal/Recurring (a Day Player who recurs over time but is not on contract by either the Producers' or actor's choice, thus freeing the actor to pursue roles on rival soaps by virtue of the fact that there is no contract) and Day Player (a character with five lines or more).

- MIB -

Hilary Swank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mominbiz:
Oh, and just for the record, the term Day Player was originally only used for day player roles on soap operas. Anyone who has used it for film was apparently misinformed.

Good to know.
The longer I live in this country the more I become informed on the way things work here.

ActorinLa.com

Posts: 119 | Location: Hollywood | Registered: March 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ActorinLA:
Good to know.
The longer I live in this country the more I become informed on the way things work here.

Glad to help when I can, and BTW, welcome to the USA! Smiler

- MIB -

Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
so if u book a u5 for tv, should that be listed as u5 or co-star?

quote:
And since starting this thread my views towards listing film roles has changed. Especially when I got called out by a major CD and my now manager about listing some day player roles in major film projects as supporting.

So for film:
Title/ Lead or supporting or principal/ Director

There is no crime in going either Lead or supporting in indies most people won't see or student films. Pretty much you are a supporting in those if you're not the lead because they're usually short.

@Fishgurl

Nice try. I get a lot of PMs asking if that guy you're talking about is me because of what a specialized google search can lead to. I know better than to cover my tracks. He has absolutely nothing to do with Truthteller59.

I've always had a lot of respect for you so no need to "try" to dig into me.

Posts: 75 | Location: city of angels | Registered: May 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With the merge, you can call an under 5 a co-star. An under 5 under a SAG contract is a co-star. I see no dishonesty there.

Posts: 1868 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
quote:
With the merge, you can call an under 5 a co-star. An under 5 under a SAG contract is a co-star. I see no dishonesty there.

Yes, co-star is now the proper description.

"Day player" should not be used either, it's not a type of contract or type of role, it refers to an actor who's there for one day of shooting.

Posts: 120 | Location: New York | Registered: August 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
Unless things have changed over the years, day players may have recurring roles and work one or more days, but they are not under contract, which allows them to work other soaps.

Soap Opera Billing

Principal/Recurring (a Day Player who recurs over time but is not on contract by either the Producers' or actor's choice, thus freeing the actor to pursue roles on rival soaps by virtue of the fact that there is no contract) and Day Player (a character with five lines or more).

- MIB -

Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
I was on a recreation show (Celebrity Ghost Stories), which is divided into three or four different stories. One was focused on my character. What should I list this as on my resume? I have it under Principal right now.

Posts: 31 | Location: New York | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ss630:
I was on a recreation show (Celebrity Ghost Stories), which is divided into three or four different stories. One was focused on my character. What should I list this as on my resume? I have it under Principal right now.

Sounds like a Co-star credit, unless you had a union contract that said otherwise. On IMDb it would be listed as the character, but wait to see if production adds you to their IMDb page for that episode, first. If you are not listed for that episode and other actors are listed, then you can add it yourself.

- MIB -

Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Yes, the credit was added to IMDb. Also, the show was non-union, as was the contract. And I was only in one episode...still a co-star credit? Thanks for the help!

Posts: 31 | Location: New York | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ss630:
Yes, the credit was added to IMDb. Also, the show was non-union, as was the contract. And I was only in one episode...still a co-star credit? Thanks for the help!

Yup! All the actors I know who have done those types of shows, including me, have that type of role listed as Co-star.

And, you're welcome! Glad to help! Smiler

- MIB -

Al Pacino
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fishgurl:

The person who said it's best to list your student film credits as such in New York is right, too. It's considered misleading if you don't.

I'm not exactly sure about this here. At least at the grad level. If you are in a Columbia MFA film that wins something at Sundance, or if you're in some low budget film that wins something at Sundance. What exactly makes the two different? And how exactly would it be "misleading?"

Since this thread is back now. Where to TV Movies go? And how are people handling New Media? I've decided that people are finally seeing it as legit. So I've been using Regular/Guest/Co since the only thing I've done was shot as an episodic, and then director since there's no network.

quote:
Originally posted by Mominbiz:
Unless things have changed over the years, day players may have recurring roles and work one or more days, but they are not under contract, which allows them to work other soaps.

Soap Opera Billing

Since the merger "Day Player" has gone the way of "Under-5". While there is a "Day Performer" contract that SAG has it isn't a replacement for it, and most people under that contract are gonna be credited as Co-Star. So neither of those should really be used unless you're talking about historical work.

Posts: 1055 | Location: New York | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post