home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Show Business  Hop To Forums  Headshots, Reels and Resumes    New Head Shots, Better Resume
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Head Shots, Better Resume Login/Join

Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
OK, I see the prob with your h/s. They are from Seattle. Seattle h/s are not good enough for LA. The difference may appear subtle to you and to others, but there is a difference and in LA you are usually selected to audition based upon your h/s and you are competing with people with LA quality h/s.

Posts: 79 | Location: Virgin Islands | Registered: July 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Also, what CD are you seeing? Jodi Rothfield?
I don't think you mean Juliet Taylor (CD for Sleepless), you mean a local CD, right?

Posts: 79 | Location: Virgin Islands | Registered: July 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChrisDavis
posted Hide Post
Yes, with Jodi Rothfield. Thanks for the comments. I would absolutely love to get to LA, but I've got no car and little money, and am biding my time for that while keeping up my chops by working on smaller projects.

The sooner I can get there, the better, for sure.

Posts: 11 | Location: Seattle | Registered: January 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Do you have a Seattle or Portland agent?

Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Your h/s are fine for Seattle then.

Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
I wrote you privately-under Private Topic.

Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
FYI for everyone, here is what headshots in Seattle look like:
http://toposwopetalent.com/talent-grid/?gender=male
So you understand Chris, it is not you, I bet that the other posters here would consider most of these not acceptable by LA standards, and these are among the top actors in Seattle with a top agency in Seattle.

Picture of ChrisDavis
posted Hide Post
Word! My HS's have served me quite well in my markets, and I am still quite happy with them.

Posts: 11 | Location: Seattle | Registered: January 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post