home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Show Business  Hop To Forums  Headshots, Reels and Resumes    AVOIDING BAD HEAD SHOTS!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AVOIDING BAD HEAD SHOTS! Login/Join

Marlon Brando
Picture of TRUTHTELLER59
posted Hide Post
bump

Posts: 2117 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Marlon Brando
Picture of TRUTHTELLER59
posted Hide Post
Bump

Posts: 2117 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
Picture of Precious G
posted Hide Post
lol this is too funny! but thanks though, cuz I needed this.

-Getting closer and closer to my dreams!

Getting closer and closer to my dream!

Posts: 24 | Location: In my own world | Registered: April 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
Picture of Gladstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRUTHTELLER59:
Also, I NEVER understood this-getting a landscape image and shrinking it to fit portrait. You pay the SAME amount regardless, so fill up the damn canvas as much as possible!

This is amazing. I'd buy you a beer for this if I could.

Regarding specific photographers, I know this question probably gets asked a lot, but would anyone have any good recommendations for a solid photographer? Or perhaps a resource for finding a good one?

Posts: 59 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Marlon Brando
Picture of TRUTHTELLER59
posted Hide Post
quote:
Regarding specific photographers, I know this question probably gets asked a lot, but would anyone have any good recommendations for a solid photographer? Or perhaps a resource for finding a good one?

You obviously didn't read the beginning of this thread.

I tell you how to find a photographer for YOU in the first posting in this thread. I don't know what more you can need.

I have my favorites, but they might not be the best for you.

Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
As the other photographers stated above, make sure you keep things real and natural. A good way to avoid becoming stale while waiting for the shot to snap is to turn away. Then look back and find camera. It will help you remain natural and full of life, so to speak!

Posts: 21 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: June 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chopping off the top of the head. When too much of your head is chopped off, it makes it a little difficult as to what you really look like. Cropping off a small part of the top of your head is forgivable, but not to the extent where you look like a Hannibal Lecter victim.

I can not tell you how much ^^ that happens!! I used to tell people to avoid it, but it got to the point that I am truly getting tired of repeating myself. So, I am posting here for everybody to see!

Posts: 4 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This old post has some great info. I do have another question. Is it inappropriate to have a theatrical head shot where one is smiling slightly?

Posts: 11 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: October 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Marlon Brando
Picture of TRUTHTELLER59
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TriciaRecruiter:
This old post has some great info. I do have another question. Is it inappropriate to have a theatrical head shot where one is smiling slightly?

The rule that you have to be serious in a theatrical headshot and smiling in a commercial headshot is starting to go away.

My theatrical agent uses my "commercial" headshots for comedies and other light hearted stuff.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRUTHTELLER59:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TriciaRecruiter:

The rule that you have to be serious in a theatrical headshot and smiling in a commercial headshot is starting to go away.

My theatrical agent uses my "commercial" headshots for comedies and other light hearted stuff.

Thank you.

Posts: 11 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: October 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post