home subscribe
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Headshot choice Login/Join

posted
Hi everyone, just got some new headshots and would love you guys to help me choose theatrical & commercial, here's the link:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5653427/mediaindex

Posts: 7 | Location: CA | Registered: May 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Robert DeNiro
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry, but these are not usable. You're a very pretty girl and deserve great shots to show you off. These look like snapshots a friend took while you were hanging out outside - not professional at all. Your hair is all over the place, the lighting isn't good. Who took these pictures?

You need to hire a professional headshot photographer so you'll have industry-standard, competitive headshots that stand out.

Posts: 476 | Location: New York | Registered: December 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack Nicholson
Picture of Joanna Brooks
posted Hide Post
Hi Ety,
I have to agree with TMR, these are not industry standard headshots. I recommend that you look at photographer galleries and read over the forum here to see what a headshot is and to understand what the purpose of a headshot is so you can look like a serious and competitive actor in the industry. I also highly recommend that you use a hair and makeup artist when you get your headshots, your hair is really messy and distracting so you need someone to style and manage it properly for your photos. You want you to be the center of the photo and your personality not your hair or the background.
Hope that helps,
Joanna
www.joannabrooks.com
Headshots LA

Posts: 80 | Location: Sherman Oaks | Registered: May 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
Agree. They are not usable.

Posts: 154 | Location: NY | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
Picture of JanL
posted Hide Post
They are good for fun snapshots, and she looks great, but I agree, you need to go to someone who does pro head shots. Good luck!

Posts: 157 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Anthony Hopkins
posted Hide Post
I also have to agree with all those who posted above... they just don't look like headshots.

Posts: 714 | Location: Hollywood, CA | Registered: August 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Brendan Nagle
posted Hide Post
But if you need to use them UNTIL NEW ONES are taken though, I'd go with 6 and 10. Smiling = Commercial, FYI.

But yes, get a photographer to help show you off right. Shouldn't be more than $300.

Posts: 7 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: May 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
Picture of Madiitown
posted Hide Post

Posts: 14 | Location: California | Registered: November 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post