Find
Notify
Tools

RESUME FORMATS Login/Join

Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CAbywayFL:
I was wondering if you wanted to add a theater credit and the show was a monologue show what do you put as your "role"?
Thanks
Does the show have a name like "Vagina Monologues," or is it like a showcase at an improv venue or in a class?

- MIB -
"If you can dream, you can do. Making it happen is up to you!"

Posts: 855 | Location: SoCal | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
No, it has a name - (Sex, Relationships and sometimes Love)

Posts: 34 | Location: Los Angeles, CA  | Registered: March 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CAbywayFL:
I was wondering if you wanted to add a theater credit and the show was a monologue show what do you put as your "role"?
Thanks

You can list it as Principal if your character does not have a specific name.

- MIB -

Posts: 855 | Location: SoCal | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
Picture of SplendidEuphoria
posted Hide Post
Hmmm...all the links are not working.

Just be yourself...and let that be your guide.

Posts: 15 | Location: San Diego/Los Angeles | Registered: July 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
Yes, I know! Very frustrating, but I guess since this thread is 3 years old, some of the links are outdated or were blocked for whatever reason by backstage.

If there is a specific question anyone has, just ask and someone on here should be able to help.

- MIB -

Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mominbiz:
Yes, I know! Very frustrating, but I guess since this thread is 3 years old, some of the links are outdated or were blocked for whatever reason by backstage.

If there is a specific question anyone has, just ask and someone on here should be able to help.

Well...I do have a resume but I am not for sure how good it is. So it would be more of a critique I'd need or maybe a physical example more or less?

Posts: 15 | Location: San Diego/Los Angeles | Registered: July 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SplendidEuphoria:
quote:

Well...I do have a resume but I am not for sure how good it is. So it would be more of a critique I'd need or maybe a physical example more or less?

I posted an example a few posts back:
http://bbs.backstage.com/eve/f...=407101291#407101291

Posts: 1784 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Johnny Depp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRUTHTELLER59:
quote:
Originally posted by SplendidEuphoria:
quote:

I posted an example a few posts back:
http://bbs.backstage.com/eve/f...=407101291#407101291

What if...you are just getting started in acting and all you have is training. I was in highschool heavily involved in AP classes and extra curricular stuff and never was in any plays except like 1. (Which I was told I did very good in) LOL. But is there like a begginers resume? I saw some online but not sure if it's proffesional enough? I saw you said something about a cover letter but a lot of those links were bad.

posted Hide Post
"What if...you are just getting started in acting and all you have is training. I was in highschool heavily involved in AP classes and extra curricular stuff and never was in any plays except like 1. (Which I was told I did very good in) LOL. But is there like a begginers resume? I saw some online but not sure if it's proffesional enough? I saw you said something about a cover letter but a lot of those links were bad."

If you have no credits you follow the same example but looking like this:

At the top and centered:
Name (Centered and is largest in font size)
Union affiliation (if any)
CELL Phone Number
Email

Left side under the top and centered stuff:
Height
Weight
Hair color
Eye color

Training
Skill learned/School or teacher/Location (LA, NY?)

Special Skills/Abilities
Be creative with this. When I was starting out and interviewing with agencies, they would usually go straight there and talk about my special talents and even had me demonstrate some of them.

Posts: 1784 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
*Bump*

- MIB -

Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
*Bump*

- MIB -

Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
*Bump*

- MIB -

Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
*Bump*

- MIB -

Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
*Bump*

- MIB -

Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
I'm a little mystified. There are so many books out there on how to put together a good resume- why so many posts on a subject that while important, is such a relatively simple & straightforward thing? Outside of a few minor details, all resumes look very much the same, anyone who's seen them knows that. "In LA the film credits go on top, in NY the theater credits go on top, followed by, followed by...". SO WHAT ELSE IS NEW? And why all these multiple BUMPS??? We get it!!

Posts: 2 | Location: USA | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post