Notify
Tools

RESUME FORMATS Login/Join

Marlon Brando
Picture of TRUTHTELLER59
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by karmacy:
I'm working on getting a print agent. I have done four print jobs before and I was hoping someone could send me a sample print modeling resume. Even a website where I could a sample would be great. Thanks!

For commercial print, you usually don't make a resume.

You submit with either a comp card or your best commercial shot with your acting resume on the back.

You normally DON'T list commercial print gigs on a resume. It's the same reason why you don't list commercials on your resume.

Posts: 2134 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is a business like any other business and models have resumes to go along with their comp or zed cards and their porfolios. They should be separate from acting resumes.

Print and modeling resumes can be flexible and made to accommodate your needs. In addition to height, hair and eye color, they also include more of your STATS. For ladies, their measurements 36-22-36 and dress size and for men your waist, inseam and suit size. If you are with an agency, always follow their resume standards.

If you like the 3 column format, which is the easiest to read, here are some suggestions:

The categories can be...
Fashion Shows or Runway or Live Events (for runway modeling and/or private parties)

First column: Name of show, Event or style of clothing you are modeling i.e., Bridal Show, Swimwear, Project Runway, Macy's

Second column: Runway Model or Model

Third column: Designer and/or Location or Company that hired you

Samples:
Project Runway/Model/Seth Aaron, Bryant Park,NY

Bryant Park Fashion Week/Runway, Model or Runway Model/Vera Wang, NY

Macy's Swimwear/Runway or Model or both/Macy's, NY

Elle Magazine Fundraiser/Model/Rainbow Room, NY

Commercial Print (category):

First column: Name of Shoot or (Corporate ad)
Vogue, Blue Cross Ins., Playboy Calendar, Ford Motor Co. Catalogue

Second column: Fashion Model or Model

Third column: Name of Photographer or Company that hired you

Samples:
AIM, Inc./Model/name of photographer
Max Factor Mascara/Model/Vogue Magazine, Inc.

However you choose to format your resume, be sure it is consistant and easy to read.

If you choose to make a Runway category, then you only need to write Model, not Runway Model, since it's already under the heading of Runway.

But if it's under Live Events or Fashion Shows, which can be combined into one category or made into two separate categories, in the second column you can put Runway Model if that is what you did, or just Model when the live event has the models just walking around among the guests.

Print is pretty easy to figure out.

Hope this helps!

- MIB -
"If you can dream, you can do. Making it happen is up to you!"

Posts: 873 | Location: SoCal | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
Just heard from a model friend of another option used instead of using a resume. If one is not required for model print work, have a list of clients you have worked for under the various categories such as Runway, Print, Promotional, with just the name of the client. Kind of the same as above, but only one column.

- MIB -

Posts: 873 | Location: SoCal | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRUTHTELLER59:
quote:
Originally posted by TMC:
I did a 20-23 min scene with another person as part of a showcase. How would I list that on my resume?

I probably wouldn't list that. But if you're short on credits, you can list it in the theatre section.

Hey Truth,

Question regarding this too. I was just cast as the Phantom, in a theatre showcase including 2 or 3 Phantom of the Opera Songs for a local college. Considering this is my first "credit", would it be possible to put that on my resume at least for local (non NY/LA)?

I realize considering I'm not doing the entire Broadway show, and it's a local college showcase, it may not count, but it seems rather disappointing to not at least mention that I got to play the Phantom.

Posts: 4 | Location: DC Metro Region | Registered: April 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
Fiyero,

A suggestion that is used often is to create a special category called Live Performances (or) Appearances (or) Other Experience.
Under one of those list the credit in 3 columns as:

Phantom of the Opera (in Concert)/Featured Soloist/Name of the theatre performed in

When you have earned several acting credits, you can remove this category, or the lesser credits within it, i.e., if you are a National Anthem singer at major venues, you would keep that.

- MIB -

Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
*Bump*

- MIB -

posted Hide Post
First, thank you Mominbiz for this thread!

My question is, if you are cast as a lead or principal for a short film, when do you list it on your resume?

Can you list it before production starts, or do you have to wait until after you've wrapped production to list it?

Posts: 2 | Location: West V. / NYC | Registered: July 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JynLnd13:
First, thank you Mominbiz for this thread!

My question is, if you are cast as a lead or principal for a short film, when do you list it on your resume?

Can you list it before production starts, or do you have to wait until after you've wrapped production to list it?
Hi JynLnd13, You're welcome, glad to help.

Congrats on your lead role! It's fine to add any new projects to your resume when you have officially booked them. If something should happen and the project falls through, then you can just delete it.

- MIB -

Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
*Bump*

- MIB -

Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
HAPPY NEW YEAR! Smiler

- MIB -

Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
*Bump*

- MIB -

Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
if you have only commercial representation, do you also list your personal contact info on the resume for theatrical auditions/workshops?

Posts: 18 | Location: los angeles | Registered: May 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Marlon Brando
Picture of TRUTHTELLER59
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobat:
if you have only commercial representation, do you also list your personal contact info on the resume for theatrical auditions/workshops?

YES!

Always have your CELL phone and email address on it even if your agency contact is on it.

What if that agency goes under or you leave that agency? The CD will still be able to get a hold of you.

Posts: 2134 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: May 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
*Bump*

- MIB -

posted Hide Post
[QUOTE] ALSO - remember when listing high school credits, DO NOT put the words High School on your resume. Just use the school's theatre name or the school's name followed by Theatre, excluding the words high school.QUOTE]

What if we're listing a College Theatre program under training, should we eliminate the word "College" and just put "theatre" for example Jane College Theatre should it be Jane Theatre?

Posts: 1 | Location: L.A. | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post