Notify
Tools

RESUME FORMATS Login/Join

Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
You're welcome! Smiler

- MIB -
"If you can dream, you can do. Making it happen is up to you!"

Posts: 875 | Location: SoCal | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
Here's another excellent resume format discussion with industry experts.
http://more.showfax.com/bbs2/viewtopic.php?t=2851

- MIB -

Posts: 875 | Location: SoCal | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
Here's another great book that includes a resume format. An Agent Tells All by Tony Martinez. I love this book.

- MIB -

Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
*Bump*

- MIB -

Al Pacino
Picture of skeeterkitty2004
posted Hide Post
I heard you should have a seperate resume for stage and film. And with the stage, cut out as much of the film, tv, etc and list those below the stage, and with the film one, put the film on top. And don't put all your training down. I saw this on an acting board up here (TPS).

Posts: 287 | Location: seattle | Registered: August 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skeeterkitty2004:
And don't put all your training down. I saw this on an acting board up here (TPS).

Be sure not to cut out too much of the training that has to do with performing arts. Many CDs read resumes from the bottom up, so listing training is very important, unless you run out of room. In that case, list your most current within the last year/few years or so. You can also add (Most Current) or (Selected Classes) next to your Training category heading, which will let the CD know you have taken more. There are also ways to consolidate your taining section, while still listing all or most of your instructors, which is also a good idea. You never know when a name is going to strike up a great conversation, which can be a nice ice-breaker.

- MIB -

Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
*BUMP*

- MIB -

posted Hide Post
This one is a pretty good one.

http://www.dazlus.com/soichoi

I think it's good because it has the photos and the experience on it.

Posts: 1 | Location: Seattle | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swards:
This one is a pretty good one.

http://www.dazlus.com/soichoi

I think it's good because it has the photos and the experience on it.

Interesting online site, but this is not the standard/basic format to be used
for professional hardcopy resumes that you would attach to the back of your headshot.

- MIB -

Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
HAPPY TURKEY DAY!

- MIB -

Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
Thought I would cross-reference a thread for the most common misspellings in the industry. Remember to always be sure and proofread your resume and cover letters for correct spelling. You want your work to be as professional as possible.
http://bbs.backstage.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/922105/m/51510643

- MIB -

posted Hide Post
Good morning Mominbiz, first of all I would like to say thank u for all of the information that u have provided. I would like to know if you have any advice for a mother thats trying to get her 3 children started in show biz?

Posts: 2 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 3 golden eggs:
Good morning Mominbiz, first of all I would like to say thank u for all of the information that u have provided. I would like to know if you have any advice for a mother thats trying to get her 3 children started in show biz?
Hello 3 Golden Eggs!
My first bit of advice is to be sure your children really want to do this. If they do, then read the Getting Started thread in the Child and Teen Actors forum. That should help you get started. Be prepared for life changing commitments and enjoy! It's quite an adventure. http://bbs.backstage.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9611031/m/9461061

- MIB -

Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Just found this! Thanks so much it's very handy indeed!

Posts: 10 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: October 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Harrison Ford
posted Hide Post
You're welcome, Heather! So glad you found it handy!

- MIB -