Backstage Message Board
RESUME FORMATS

This topic can be found at:
http://bbs.backstage.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/8011031/m/24410001

January 29, 2010, 09:32 AM
Mominbiz
RESUME FORMATS
First of all, there are always brand new, very green people getting started in the industry that have no clue the an acting resume is different from a regular job search resume. I work with new people all the time, since that is one of my jobs!

Secondly, the bumps bring threads to the top of the list to make it easier for new people to find, until they learn how to navigate this message board. It's not about me, it's about helping others and making it a little easier for the newbies!


- MIB -
"If you can dream, you can do. Making it happen is up to you!"
February 14, 2010, 03:50 PM
NewYorkerfilm10
quote:
Originally posted by Mominbiz:
First of all, there are always brand new, very green people getting started in the industry that have no clue the an acting resume is different from a regular job search resume. I work with new people all the time, since that is one of my jobs!

Secondly, the bumps bring threads to the top of the list to make it easier for new people to find, until they learn how to navigate this message board. It's not about me, it's about helping others and making it a little easier for the newbies!


I totally agree, Mominbiz. Thank you for this thread. It is very useful for us beginners. Especially, when nothing is set on stone and many things are debatable.
March 05, 2010, 11:45 AM
Mominbiz
Another thread on resume formats.
http://bbs.backstage.com/eve/f.../8011031/m/354104972


- MIB -
"If you can dream, you can do. Making it happen is up to you!"
March 17, 2010, 12:44 PM
Mominbiz
*Bump*


- MIB -
"If you can dream, you can do. Making it happen is up to you!"
March 25, 2010, 06:58 AM
NtheMoment24
Hey Folks,

How do I list industrial on my resume? I'm doing a commercial for the Army. Would that just be listed as a commercial or what?

Thanks,
March 25, 2010, 02:27 PM
TRUTHTELLER59
quote:
Originally posted by NtheMoment24:
Hey Folks,

How do I list industrial on my resume? I'm doing a commercial for the Army. Would that just be listed as a commercial or what?

Thanks,


Industrials fall under the umbrella of commercials, so you DON'T list commercials/industrials on your resume.

You put on your resume "List (or conflicts) available upon request."

You DO keep a separate list of the commercials/industrials that you have done with the name of the casting director.


http://truthteller59.wordpress.com
April 02, 2010, 02:16 PM
Johnlevi801
Great Post I also want to share some basic key point in career objectives
April 02, 2010, 02:41 PM
Mominbiz
quote:
Originally posted by Johnlevi801:
Great Post I also want to share some basic key point in career objectives

This may be helpful for general and corporate type resumes and helpful for writing letters for various reasons, but not for acting resumes, which is an entirely different format consolidated to one page.


- MIB -
"If you can dream, you can do. Making it happen is up to you!"
April 02, 2010, 06:33 PM
TRUTHTELLER59
quote:
Originally posted by Mominbiz:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnlevi801:
Great Post I also want to share some basic key point in career objectives

This may be helpful for general and corporate type resumes and helpful for writing letters for various reasons, but not for acting resumes, which is an entirely different format consolidated to one page.


Mominbiz is right. You DON'T put "objectives." All agents and casting directors want to know are if you've been working, have been training, and have any unique skills that they're looking for.

You can state your objectives in your cover letter.


http://truthteller59.wordpress.com
April 03, 2010, 07:26 AM
TMC
I did a 20-23 min scene with another person as part of a showcase. How would I list that on my resume?
April 03, 2010, 09:51 AM
TRUTHTELLER59
quote:
Originally posted by TMC:
I did a 20-23 min scene with another person as part of a showcase. How would I list that on my resume?


I probably wouldn't list that. But if you're short on credits, you can list it in the theatre section.


http://truthteller59.wordpress.com
April 03, 2010, 10:21 AM
TMC
quote:
Originally posted by TRUTHTELLER59:
quote:
Originally posted by TMC:
I did a 20-23 min scene with another person as part of a showcase. How would I list that on my resume?


I probably wouldn't list that. But if you're short on credits, you can list it in the theatre section.


I knew it would go there, but how would go about adding it? The play where the scene came from? Location performed? Stuff like that I'm not sure about.
April 03, 2010, 10:35 AM
TRUTHTELLER59
If it's a piece of a play, then forget about adding it.


http://truthteller59.wordpress.com
April 24, 2010, 01:24 AM
Mominbiz
*Bump*


- MIB -
"If you can dream, you can do. Making it happen is up to you!"
May 15, 2010, 01:25 PM
karmacy
I'm working on getting a print agent. I have done four print jobs before and I was hoping someone could send me a sample print modeling resume. Even a website where I could a sample would be great. Thanks!