*Bump*

- MIB -
"If you can dream, you can do. Making it happen is up to you!"
September 16, 2008, 01:13 AM
ressydm
BUMP
September 18, 2008, 03:22 PM
Olivia
Mominbiz, I didn't find anything that explained copy-blocking in that google link. Could you explain a bit more or direct me to a site that would have that info? And do you think it's necessary to do for adult actors with acting websites? Thanks for all the great info!

=================

It's better to regret what you've done than what you haven't.
September 29, 2008, 03:01 PM
Mominbiz
quote:
Originally posted by Olivia:
Mominbiz, I didn't find anything that explained copy-blocking in that google link. Could you explain a bit more or direct me to a site that would have that info? And do you think it's necessary to do for adult actors with acting websites? Thanks for all the great info!
I'm glad you asked this question. I've been checking around and have now learned that with all the new technology and abilities of newer (newer than 5 years) computers these days, even copy-blocking cannot stop anyone from copying a photo. With features like iPhoto on the iMacs, for example, anything can now be photographed, even if it can't be copied and pasted. So, for anyone wanting to put photos online, please be aware that they can no longer be protected as they once were.

- MIB -
October 17, 2008, 04:18 PM
Mominbiz
Multimedia category works well for any viral, www, cell phone and/or internet credits.

http://bbs.backstage.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8011031/m/740105761

- MIB -
December 15, 2008, 06:05 PM
Mominbiz
*Bump*

- MIB -
December 15, 2008, 06:58 PM
Mominbiz
quote:
Originally posted by ELDORADO59:
Another great resource for an acting resume is:

Acting Truths and Lies (purchased at www.info4actors.com
I think it's one of the best books on the business side of acting. VERY concise and NO BS!

Thanks! I corrected the link for you.

I'm hoping there are actual resume format samples in this suggested book, as the intent of this thread is to be able to view actual samples and not just advertise books about the business or classes associated with those books that do not have actual samples.

Thanks again!

- MIB -
January 24, 2009, 12:55 AM
Mominbiz
quote:
There's one example resume followed by what to do and NOT to do.
Sounds good!

- MIB -
January 24, 2009, 10:52 AM
Mominbiz
To be a bit more specific for Television billing for LA and/or NY, this is copied from Casting Director/Author Bonnie Gillespie's column The Actors Voice on Showfax.com, which I supplied the link to in the opening of this thread.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Television Billing

Series Regular: contract role with exclusivity to the series, network, and production company for a term of a year or more; paid for a predetermined number of episodes produced, on contract for all episodes, even those in which the character doesn't appear.

Recurring: character returns over multiple episodes, either on standing contract or contracted periodically, based on negotiations and number of appearances.

Guest Star: one-episode guest whose character's storyline is central to that episode, works at a weekly rate (and is under contract for the week, even if only shooting a day or two).

Co-star: one-episode guest whose character's storyline may or may not be central to that episode (since co-star billing actually depends more on negotiation than size of the role), anywhere from one line to multiple scenes.

Contract Role: a soap opera AFTRA contract term for a daytime series regular or recurring character.

Under 5: an AFTRA-only contract term for a character with between one and five lines.

Extra: non-speaking role with no on-screen credit. This billing does not belong on an acting resumé.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Also, following the billing, the Director should be listed in addition to the network. (Hey, we've got to give those hard working directors credit where credit is due, plus it can make great conversation with agents and CDs, in addition to letting them know who they can contact should they have any questions about what so-and-so actor is like to work with on set Wink ).
I.e., Dir. Barry Kemp/ABC. If an actor is working on a series with varying directors per episode it can be listed as Dir. Various/CBS or Dir. Multiple/CBS.

- MIB -
January 24, 2009, 12:29 PM
Mominbiz
Here's a good discussion about understudy roles on resumes. For theatre, yes, you include them.

http://bbs.backstage.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/932105/m/436109381

- MIB -
February 11, 2009, 11:14 AM
Mominbiz
*Bump*

- MIB -
February 22, 2009, 11:42 PM
Mominbiz
*Bump*

- MIB -
February 25, 2009, 03:07 PM
SparklingAriel
quote:

*With regards to training, you can also put the teacher (if he or she is REALLY famous) in the middle column and the school in the far right column in place of geographical location.

Hey Eldorado,

I thought that it was standard to do it that way in the first place, but maybe that's just here in NY?

In LA, is it more common to put Class - School - Location instead of Class - Teacher - School?

I kind of thought it was nice to have the teacher's name down, because I've been taught by a couple of people who aren't FAMOUS, but have done a lot of work.

-----------------------------------

"All of our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney
February 25, 2009, 03:25 PM
Ms.Manager
For theatrical, you should leave off;
hair
eyes
height
weight

Usually those items are only listed by actors with less experience, because they think it's what they're supposed to do. It's not.
Listing those items is not required (or expected) and, quite frankly, it gives casting directors reasons to say your wrong for a role before you have a chance to blow them away with an amazing reading. If needed for a character, you can always dye your hair, wear contacts (or heels or lifts), or gain/lose weight. You just don't want to give them something to say "no" to before you get your foot in the door of that audition room. Plus I've had clients whose appearance was not what the casting director initially had in mind (or how the role was originally described/written), but who gave such a great readings (and interesting takes on the characters) that they got hired and the roles were changed for them. Whenever I signed a new client who listed the H/E/H/W, I'd immediately remove it from their resumes and no casting director ever even mentioned it.