Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LA or NYC Login/Join

posted
Hi guys,
I'm from Ohio and looking for acting school in LA or NYC. Where you guys think is better to start? NYC or LA. I would really appreciate your help, guys. Please be honest no matter how bad it looks. I'm not just talking about the schools but the way to support my leaving. Anyone from NYC or LA, please let me know what you know. I'm not rich so I have to work to pay rent, school etc. Is it Chicago an option?
Thanks!

Posts: 3 | Location: Ohio | Registered: July 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
DiGio, I'm in LA but I studied in NYC as well. A few questions. Film/TV/Commercials? or Theatre?

Chicago is GREAT for improv. I also lived in the Southeast after I did formal study and built my resume which helped me out tons when I moved here to LA.

Posts: 157 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: October 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
film/tv. I love improvisation and I was thinking to stop in Chicago this summer before LA. My only problem with LA for now is how to support myself and pay for acting school. I can only make good money with what I do here in Midwest. So Chicago it is the best location for now

Posts: 3 | Location: Ohio | Registered: July 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi DiGio,

NYC, definitely is the right choice to train yourself. The city has great acting teachers (and lets face it: all great techniques were originated here) and also, the city itself will nurture you artistically with its many theaters, plays,galleries, artistic and cultural activities, museums, parks and is full of interesting people.

Hope this helps Smiler

Posts: 6 | Location: NYC | Registered: October 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post