home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Moderated Forums  Hop To Forums  Acting Outside Hollywood    Baker and Rowley in Chicago
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Baker and Rowley in Chicago Login/Join

posted
Anyone have any experience with them I received a phone call with them tome come in and meet with them. I looked online and they had some negative reviews due to paying a fee to be listed on their site. Is this even worth going in for my time or should I keep looking elsewhere? They are listed on the SAG website but the reviews aren't too hot.

Posts: 2 | Location: Chicago | Registered: December 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They signed me in May. I paid about $110 to have my photos on their site. The elderly woman (mother of owner I think) said they would be sending me out for "everything". I have not heard from them once, and I have called/emailed/postcarded them. My other 3 agents send me out on auditions all the time.

Posts: 1 | Location: Chicago | Registered: December 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
other of owner I think) said they would be sending me out for "everything". I have not heard from them once, and I have called/emailed/postcarded them. My other 3 agents send me out on auditions all the time.

Is there a way to file a complaint to SAG of what is going on because I'm sure that goes against their policies since they tend to list only legitimate agencies. I knew something was a little off when I looked on their website and some of their models had mediocre photos listed like school photo type stuff when other agency websites I've been on have only showcased composite professional material. It seems like as long as you pay they will put you on their website.

Posts: 2 | Location: Chicago | Registered: December 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a bad experience with them myself!! Stay Away from them!!! I actually did get SAG involved because of the fact that I had to pay for my pictures to be put up on their site and they were never put up. The lady that I talked with from SAG said that they have been having a lot of problems with them. She was finally able to get my money back after 9 months.
SAG is aware of them and their issues, just STAY AWAY from them, I don't know how they can legally stay in biz.

Posts: 0 | Location: Chicago | Registered: December 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I signed with them a while back and same thing.. they made you pay for pictures.. and I never got any auditions through them.. shame on them!

Posts: 7 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jerber1212, if you don't mind me asking, who else are you signed with?

Posts: 1 | Location: Missouri | Registered: May 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Please research, from what I have found on Google, STAY AWAY FROM THEM.

Regarding Chicago agencies..what are the high, mid, and starter agencies?

Also, I just signed with an agency last week, but have a small connection with what I think is a top agency recently..should I continue to follow with other agencies even though I am signed?

I think I have a good headshot/resume and cover letter skills because I have interviewed with half of SAG agencies..but I get so nervous that the interview isn't the best. I also need work on my acting, since I didn't get signed with any of the agencies I interviewed with, are those broken bridges or not? I still hate myself for not getting signed with when I interviewed with one of the top agencies. It was two weeks ago and I still kick myself.

Posts: 163 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: March 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post