home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Moderated Forums  Hop To Forums  Acting Outside Hollywood    Actors Access/Showfax: Worth the $$?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Actors Access/Showfax: Worth the $$? Login/Join

Kevin Bacon
posted
Hey guys!
So, I was thinking of subscribing to Showfax to get more access to audition opportunities.

However, I've read that casting directors will seek out talent through legit agents and not through websites.

What does everyone recommend re: paying to audition through websites?

Also, if it makes a difference, I live in Miami, not LA or NYC.

Thanks!

Posts: 14 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: January 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Russell Crowe
posted Hide Post
I know it has been worth it to me and this is one of the top, if not the top source. It's completely legit, not like the very many questionable sites that are sprouting everywhere.

When you pay for the year, you are automatically in the showfax, you submit for free and you have your own profile where you can put your headshots and reels. They do charge you for that each time you download a new reel.

I've self submitted and if I were to pay fro all those submissions, it would be more than the cost to join. Plus...if you have an agent you can be linked to them and they see more than we do and get more than we see, so they submit you too, right from their end.

Posts: 72 | Location: Southeast | Registered: September 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Al Pacino
posted Hide Post
Not unless your market is included in the cities that they have. You can sign up for the basic one it's free. And when you move to LA or NY, then get the one where you can get the sides and stuff.

Posts: 283 | Location: seattle | Registered: August 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
I think you shouldnt rush audition's and if you are on a beginner level ask an actual actor what level he/she think's youre at.

Posts: 52 | Location: Sydney ,New South Wales | Registered: March 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
Thanks, all, for the input!

Posts: 14 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: January 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Denzel Washington
posted Hide Post
I have the paid subscription and it has been very worth it for me.

Posts: 36 | Location: Southeast/LA | Registered: May 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nicholas Cage
posted Hide Post
What size is your bank account?

Here are some factors to ponder on.

1. You see a perfect role. You submit it. You figure its on the other side of the state. Let see what happens. You get contacted. They want to interview you on skype. Do you have skype? (I don't but working to get one for this purpose)

So you got SKYPE. They want to see you in person. Low budget. They say can you fly in. You go ohhhh...no.

Door close!

If you got money saved to pull that stunt off. DO IT!

2. Oh it is worth it!

Example: I am planning to get after I get my new job which pays more. I am going to get Show Fax because if you got two clips and you submit. That is $8.00 for one submission. OW! OW! OW! That is all lot of money. And the chance getting it...it is not worth the cost of one submission.

3. Actors Access has HUGE benefits that PEOPLE do't see which I abuse it daily. <3

4. Show Fax I heard you keep an eye on it. And you watch it like an eagle. When a submission pops as your watch. YOU can SUBMIT about the hundred to thousand actors. They say 100 submissions are in by 10 min and the time you get an email about the news...its all ready to late because they had over hundreds emails. A chance you won't be seen...unless you have clips but than again if there hundreds actors of clips...you slip behind.

I hope that help.

-----

The Disciple that Jesus loves! (ME!)
----
Your closer to your success than you think!
----
www.imdb.me/marytennant
www.mary-tennant.com

Posts: 123 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: December 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
posted Hide Post
For me, I get gmail several times a week so i'd say it's *sooo* worth it!

For all you get it's actually very cheap (cheaper then many of the other ones out there)

Also, as far as legit, if it's a union production, they check with the union before allowing a casting to go up!

Plus they post sides on show fax that are free if you are a member Smiler

Callie Harlan
Adorable feistiness mixed with a defiant dark-side

http://www.youtube.com/user/CallieNYC
www.CallieHarlan.com

Posts: 42 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: January 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post