Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TEXAS!! Login/Join

posted Hide Post
well be clear that One Source Talent is NOT a franchised talent agency. they will charge you a pretty penny for some headshots and a website listing lol...

Posts: 6 | Location: Cedar Hill, TX | Registered: June 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
Any opinions on Heyman Talent out of Austin??

Posts: 110 | Location: Gulf Coast | Registered: September 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Horne is very good. You really can't go wrong with any agency in Dallas

Posts: 6 | Location: Tx | Registered: August 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is also Callidus in Dallas. They have been very good for me.

Posts: 6 | Location: Tx | Registered: August 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey all! I was wondering if anyone has heard of/has had any experiences with DVA Talent in Austin?

I did a forum search and nothing came up -- and I can't find too much about the agency online, despite the fact that they've been in Austin for 10+ years. Veronica seemed very nice but I was hoping to get some more insight...

Posts: 1 | Location: TX | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey all,

This is my first post. This forum has been so hopeful.

A little about me: I know I will become an actress! My preference is film/ television. I'm trying to decide between Dallas and Austin.

I currently live in the DFW area. For some reason, I get the vibe that DFW is not very film based. I'm not really interested in commercials and I've heard that Dallas is mostly a great market for that.

I want to work on getting an acting coach before I get headshots. I want to get a feel for my casting type so my headshots can better portray it. But first, I need to know which area will be better for developing film/ TV credits so I can start my research.

After a year or two, I hope to move to LA for more opportunities. Any info is greatly appreciated!

Posts: 6 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by binker:
Who are your favorite headshot photographers in the Dallas area? We're going to be out here for a couple months and I'm hoping to get some new photos. Who are your favorites?

Bumping for responses.

Authenticity is a must in all I do.

Posts: 6 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Callidus

Has anyone worked with Core Talent?

Posts: 110 | Location: Gulf Coast | Registered: September 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JumpingBeans:
I live and work in Houston...there is actually a good amount of work, but probably not as much as say Austin. Yet we still get called in to audition there quite frequently. (Some of the CDs I've taken workshops from have said they consider Austin-Houston-San Antonio to be one market.) Lots of people live here in Houston and have agents here but book a ton of stuff out of state. Especially to Louisiana and New Mexico. We also do a ton commercially.

Page Parkes and Neil Hamil are both modeling agencies (they have talent divisions, but honestly, they are a joke). Plus, they are both connected to schools. The two main Houston agencies at Pastorini-Bosby Talent and A Plus Actors. PB is very strong throughout the state.

Austin also has TAG Talent Agency.

Wilson Broussard

Posts: 2 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: October 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I walked out of their interview when they called me and led me to believe that they were a credible talent agent It just did not feel right, and red flags were all over the place. The clincher was when they tried to sneak in this cost for headshots and other BS. I got the joke and walked out.....

quote:
Originally posted by slowpoke:
well be clear that One Source Talent is NOT a franchised talent agency. they will charge you a pretty penny for some headshots and a website listing lol...

Wilson Broussard

Posts: 2 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: October 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just relocated to LA about two months ago and I'm strongly debating moving to NY (just a personal preference). I left Texas to get expert training so I could have a better shot at booking within my own market (Dallas).

But now, I'm wondering if I should give it a shot and try to make something work out here in the super huge markets. I get my headshots done next week. I can't wait because without those, I am held back from a ton of opportunities.

If things don't work out and I end up having to move back home, is Dallas a good place to book national commercials? I hear Dallas is a great commercial market, but what kind of commercials do they usually cast?

Thanks in advance!

Authenticity is a must in all I do.

Morgan Freeman
posted Hide Post
Everyone speaks the truth about agents and things.

If you want to do theatre, Houston has a very cliquish scene, but when you get in, you're in. It's a tight clique, but everyone is really nice and approachable. PM me if you want specific names you should talk to.

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up everytime we do." Confucius

Posts: 50 | Location: Houston | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^you mean union theatre right?

Posts: 6 | Location: Cedar Hill, TX | Registered: June 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mandy.com

Nowcasting.com

Posts: 10 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: June 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sean Penn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboss400:
Mandy.com

Nowcasting.com

I have the free membership on Nowcasting and I have never found anything on there. Maybe it is the type but I just stopped looking.