home subscribe
Backstage.com    Message Board Homepage  Hop To Forum Categories  Show Business  Hop To Forums  Survival Jobs    Care.com?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Care.com? Login/Join

Sean Penn
Picture of It'sRainingGlitter!
posted
Has anyone here gotten random gigs from this site to help your costs of living? I'm currently applying for a few gigs, they are mostly pretty low paying, but I thought might be worth it at least until I can secure a "stable job". At the least it would be some cash for things with a fairly flexible schedule.
Thoughts?

"It's almost more fun that way, when you've got something to prove" -Taylor Swift

Posts: 29 | Location: Spokane | Registered: May 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I signed up because most of my previous jobs have involved children (camp counselor, day care assistant, babysitter, etc.) but I've only applied for one, and did not get it. In most cases, it's pretty good money but I get so many emails from them daily. It's almost like signing up for a dating website! "Here are your matches" and all that. Do you get that feeling as well?

I think it's a solid idea for now. Plus, the work is pretty rewarding as well.

Posts: 1 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Kevin Bacon
Picture of postAura
posted Hide Post
I'm on care.com as well. This is my second time with the site - the first time I deleted my account because after a couple of weeks of searching and applying, I never heard back from anyone.

I'm sort of going through that again, unfortunately. Or a family will say they will get back to you and never do. It's frustrating.

Hopefully, you will have better luck and score a job with a good family!

"You know, we're living in a society! We're supposed to act in a civilized way."

Posts: 3 | Location: Southern California/North of England | Registered: July 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a nanny and a LOT of my friends are as well. The majority use care.com and love it. You just have to be persistent. The good thing about babysitting and nannying is it pays well its fun and flexible. Good luck!

Posts: 11 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: July 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post